Home

Official Bugs/Glitch Thread

This is a discussion on Official Bugs/Glitch Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2010, 06:42 PM   #849
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Official Bugs/Glitch Thread

Just had a play where by DB knocked down a pass about 4 yards before it even got the reciever, but I still got the animation of the two officials deciding if the reciever was inbounds. lol.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:34 AM   #850
Rookie

OVR: 9

I just seen Indianapolis destroy the #1 defense in the NFL.

And no, it wasn't with 90+ rated R. Wayne, or 90+ rated D. Clark, or 90+ rated B. Sanders, or 82 rated M. Jackson, or 75 rated A. Gonzalez. It was with 74 rated P. Garcon, and 71 rated A. Collie.

Its funny, if you take out Freeney, Mathis, and Brackett, the highest rated player in Indy's front seven on Madden is a 73. That's not what I seen on Sunday. Especially since if you look at Dallas' front seven, nobody is that low.

I seen Indianapolis rush for more yards than the #1 rushing team in the NFL vs the #1 Defense in the NFL.

I seen the Colts offensive line, (that starts a rookie), handle the dreaded NYJ Def. Line without incident for 3 quarters.

Basically, I seen what you seen, but Madden does not translate to the game.

All last week, I'm hearing the experts say that Indy has the fastest defense in the playoffs. WHAT??? If you look on the Colts for speed, on Madden, You will find that D. Freeney is faster than all but 5 players on the team. And 3 of them are on offense.

Basically, if you use speed as the defining characteristic of a good defense, then change your system or give the Colts their proper due.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:00 AM   #851
Rookie

The depth perception downfield is extremely too small. DB's can cover waaaay too much field. A LB could not knock down a pass going to a WR 10 yards, (that's 30 ft), behind him.

In Madden, it seems like the Defense can watch the QB, and react to WR's behind them at the same time. This is how Madden translates "good defense".

The so called good defensive teams play sort of like a zone/man. They are watching the QB so they react unrealistically fast to balls in the air, while moving around to defend routes before the throw.

This is a mistake. You cannot move certain teams players into position to defend, while making other teams zone defenders play their respected zones without moving the whole play.

Last thing, A DB cannot go for a INT, and the tackle at the same time. That takes the game out of the game.

Also, a DB cannot know where the ball is in the air without looking for it. When a WR has a CB beat deep, the CB does not say to himself, Hey, I'm not going to worry about it, I'll just jump up and bat the ball down.

A DB is taught since high school that he cannot look back for the ball until he gets back even with the WR. That's why the importance is not to get beat deep.

It seems like in Madden, the good teams are just allowed to by-pass the rules. Bat balls without looking, jump without bending knees, Magically adjust their zones to routes being run behind them.

Take all the extra nonsense out of the game because all that it is doing is making ppl play with cpu-assisted teams rather than just play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2010, 03:30 PM   #852
Rookie

JohnnyP1119's Arena

OVR: 2

What's the deal in Superstar Mode after 3 years nobody resigns and all top players are never signed and play in the game again. Is there something that triggers it like saving the game at a certain point
Old 01-29-2010, 01:26 PM   #853
Banned

Pringles's Arena

maybe this not really a bug but how come the sound in the game is messed up you do not notice it unless you are listening to it threw a surround sound reciever when i put in ncaa football the anouncers come threw my center speaker same goes for nhl10 and every other game i own even by 2k. but in madden the anouncers are coming from my rear surround speakers. where they on drugs when they recorded the audio i would have to say the audio recording is one of the worst i ever herd.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:58 PM   #854
Rookie

OVR: 6

roaming camera glitch is still present in Madden 10. I stopped a guy with 2 secs left on the goaline with no timeouts. he paused the game and now I'm stuck with the roaming camera glitch. It's now turned into a standoff. whoever goes to the dashboard first loses. Fun
Old 02-11-2010, 04:16 PM   #855
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm in my 4th year of my offline franchise and lately after halftime when I come back on the field the grass is blue. It's like that for half a quarter. It started 2 games from completing the end of my 3rd year. Anyone else seen this?

Also sometimes I get hitting animation sounds before the play or after the play is done. Wondering if it's the game or system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2010, 06:40 PM   #856
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Obviously, these may have been mentioned before:

Announcers getting details wrong: Happens a lot. It seems like they especially have a problem with Pick 6's. On one, I took a Pick 6 back and was praised for a "2 Play Drive" that ended in a TD. Another time, I got the ball to open the game and threw a TD pass. Other team does nothing so they punt it back. I then throw a Pick 6, making it 7-7. On my next possession, Collinsworth praised my QB for throwing "Two straight TD passes." Grrrrr...

Online franchise playoff scenarios: I was the Bills, he was the Browns. We were both 13-3, but he had the head to head win. Nevertheless, I was the #2 seed and he was the #3.

Incorrect yardage markers: I was playing as the Bills @ the Titans. Marshawn Lynch gets stopped at the Titans' 9 yard line. It gives me first and 10 at the 9 instead of First and Goal. The next play Lynch gets stopped near the goal line. Instead of showing the "Did he cross the plane?" scene it shows the "Measuring for a first down" scene. In it, the refs have clearly spotted the ball with the nose sticking 3 inches into the endzone. First and goal from the 1.

Players being blocked have no mass: This happens a lot with online toss cheesers. Their RB will be running parallel to the LOS, my LB will move in to tackle them. My LB gets blocked from the side, going into the "stumbling sideways" animation. Their RB will cut through the hole and phase right through my linebacker. He might be off-balance and unable to make the tackle, but the game treats it as if he didn't even exist.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »