Home

Official Bugs/Glitch Thread

This is a discussion on Official Bugs/Glitch Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 02:14 PM   #1
Rookie

turfguy23's Arena

OVR: 10
Injury glitch (9 offsides in a row)

Update: (shinino_kage) compiled a list from all the posts.
1) Solo tackles and Assisted tackles are not combined in total tackling stats.

2) Apparently too many floating passes when quarterbacks are hit while throwing.

3) Object collision detection issues with receivers/defenders.

4) Receivers do not drag their feet correctly when running near the sidelines on passing plays, resulting in incomplete passes when a real receiver would be down in-bounds.

5) A large number of penalties, specifically holding calls, on field goals and PATs.

6) Receivers do not always face the right direction when catching the ball.

7) Issues during cutscenes where players on the bench will appear with split faces, half of one face, half of another.

8) Clock doesn't always stop after an incomplete pass.

9) Instant Replays and Highlights do not always show the complete play.

10) Rushing touchdowns during simmed games are too low, and passing touchdowns during same are too high.

11) CPU 2-point conversion logic seems faulty, ditto with 4th-down logic

12) Draft info missing in franchise.

13) Night games show daytime game pre-game shots.

14) Commentary seems to include regular season stats with post-season stats.

15) Sacks may be off in simmed games (doesn't seem to be a solid difference between teams that run 3-4 and 4-3 as far as which players get sacks)

16) Player injuries during games are not reflected during cut-scenes involving the same position. I.E. injured quarterback can be seen in cut-scenes with phone and walking off field after interview.

17) Challenge system automatically chooses what to challenge, and isn't always appropriate.

18) Yard markers do not always move with gameplay.

19) Some scoring plays are counted twice during a game, corrected vually aftery the game, but still show up in player stats. This may be when the scoring play is challenged and overturned, and then the score happens afterwards.

20) CPU doesn't cover the flats properly, especially on the running back.

21) When you have a penalty on PAT/FG with no time left, it will sometimes end half/game without re-kicking.

22) When scoring with no time remaining, in a manner that would put your team ahead (thus winning the game), the game still requires you kick the extra point (May only be in Madden Moments)

23) Player added to IR on week 6 of a season is able to play in week 7 without any injury, although is still on IR.

24) CPU does not manage clock effectively in super-sim (Example: 58 seconds left on first down, winning team in possession, 4th quarter. Super-sim CPU kneels 4 tiems with 4 seconds per play instead of running the clock out, thus giving the ball to the opposing team)

25) Sliders do not effect Madden Moments (by design?)

26) In Franchise mode, CPU-controlled teams appear to be able to sign players for much less money than user-controlled teams, by a significant amount.

27) QBs will hold onto the ball too long instead of throwing away or being sacked. This leads to inflated interception numbers as they will throw into coverage as a result of this.

28) Online Franchise depth charts do not seem to be working properly upon starting.

29) CPU seems to kick the ball on FG/PATs too quickly.

30) Missed FG on 1st down results in turnover (is this a rule, or a glitch?)

31) Possible issue involving injured players and backups not appearing when they should.

32) Procedural Awareness involving defenders in man-coverage does not appear to be working properly.

33) Pro-Tak does not seem to accurately model ball-carried strength compared to defenders.

34) In online ranked games, touchbacks seem to place the ball on the opponents side of the field, instead of the receiver's.

35) Half-time stats do not seem to be correctly tallied. This needs testing for verification, please.

36) Game seems to think that Eagles TE Cornelius Ingram is actually Antonio Gates, uses his name in-game.

37) Game does not accurately use a 2-back set (which many teams now use). This leads to backup HBs getting horrible yards per attempt, which do not accurately reflect their in-game skill, and may also tie into the touchdown issue, as mentioned before.

(original post) I don't see a "bugs" or "glitches" thread now so I'll post it here.

Detroit Lions Franchise:

CB Anthony Henry goes down with an ankle sprain. He's out for a few plays then comes back into the game. Here's where it gets weird.....

I call a defensive play and as the huddle breaks A.Henry is limping. The offense is lining up and Henry bumps into a player and draws an offside penalty........

So I call another play and the same thing happens. Henry limps forward across the line of scrimmage and bumps an offensive player, and draws another 5 yard penalty.

After the 3rd time in a row I decided to take Henry out of the game and put in another CB. Well that didn't work. I put in Ramzee Robinson and.........

....Robinson is limping now! He wasn't even injured. But the same weird bug happend. Robinson breaks the huddle and limps forward bumping an offensive player for another 5 yard penalty.

After the 9th offside penalty in a row (45 yards, lol), I took control of the player and had to fight to keep him from limping offsides. Once a play was run everything was normal again.

It's not a game killer by any means. The game rocks! Just posting here so the problem can be addressed. Thanks.

Last edited by turfguy23; 08-16-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 02:18 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Injury glitch (9 offsides in a row)

he he stays a funny story. Dang i guess he couldnt keep himself still.. Maybe they were hallucinating and heard the whistle rofl. Maybe they were tryna jump the snap... the world will never know hehe
Old 08-12-2009, 02:22 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9

Wow, just...wow. That is amazingly funny, yet awful at the same time lol. So bad, it's good. But yeah, I would call essentially a 45 yrd encroachment penalty a game breaker. Good thing I am going to be keeping all my injured guys on the bench
Old 08-12-2009, 02:25 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankbl
Wow, just...wow. That is amazingly funny, yet awful at the same time lol. So bad, it's good. But yeah, I would call essentially a 45 yrd encroachment penalty a game breaker. Good thing I am going to be keeping all my injured guys on the bench
Even if its tom brady!?
Old 08-12-2009, 02:27 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 9

Seeing as it I will never be playing as the Pats, sure lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 02:35 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 25

i will be keeping my injuries on the bench...except for Brady that is......but i dont even want to think about that scenario.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:45 PM   #7
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Official Bugs/Glitch Thread

Post your Madden 10 bugs/glitches here.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:47 PM   #8
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Official Bugs/Glitch Thread

Oh dear, so it begins..
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »