Home

Potential ratings HELP PLEASE need to Understand

This is a discussion on Potential ratings HELP PLEASE need to Understand within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2009, 06:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Potential ratings HELP PLEASE need to Understand

As you all know there is now "potential" grades for every player. I think its not only the worst idea EA has ever had, but it makes it NO FUN to play Franchise mode in because of it. My question is... does ANYONE know if they can change the potential grades in next patch? OR can someones grade change now?? for example if I have 3 good seasons in a row with a "B" rating.. will he go up to an "A" rating?

I cant believe that EA would dictate to us who will be good in 4 years from now and who wont... Can they see into the future? I mean please tell me we dont have to wait till next madden to play franchise mode again??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2009, 06:44 PM   #2
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Potential ratings HELP PLEASE need to Understand

No they won't change at all. But I heard there is a way for you to manually change it if you want to change specific players. Something about changing their attributes, saving, then changing them back to the way they were, supposedly it re-caps the players maximum limit.

I wrote about potential to, I think it's a terrible idea to as you put it "predict the future" and have it set in stone... http://askmadden.com/determining-pla...-in-madden-10/

Last edited by TeamBuilder; 10-15-2009 at 06:46 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:52 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
No they won't change at all. But I heard there is a way for you to manually change it if you want to change specific players. Something about changing their attributes, saving, then changing them back to the way they were, supposedly it re-caps the players maximum limit.

I wrote about potential to, I think it's a terrible idea to as you put it "predict the future" and have it set in stone... http://askmadden.com/determining-pla...-in-madden-10/

So if you change their attributes to be good.. their potential grade changes accordinly?? So if I wanted Pat White and Henne to be "A" grades.. I would change their attributes to 90's... they will go up to "A" potentials.. .then change them back down.. they stay "A"s?????
Old 10-15-2009, 06:56 PM   #4
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

From what I read (it was a while ago) I think that was how it was described. They said write down all the attributes that you plan on changing, go change them to what you want them to be in the future, save it, then re-edit them to what they were before. And I think it's supposed to to make them re-capped to the amount you wanted them to become in the future.

ex: So if White has say 72 throw accuracy short and he could only progress to 89 throwing accuracy short and you re-edit him to 94, save, then change back to 72, I believe his new cap is now 94.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:01 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
From what I read (it was a while ago) I think that was how it was described. They said write down all the attributes that you plan on changing, go change them to what you want them to be in the future, save it, then re-edit them to what they were before. And I think it's supposed to to make them re-capped to the amount you wanted them to become in the future.

ex: So if White has say 72 throw accuracy short and he could only progress to 89 throwing accuracy short and you re-edit him to 94, save, then change back to 72, I believe his new cap is now 94.

SWEEET.. man that would great if that works.. i will try it and let ya know.. I am starting a season with the Dolphins.. and I think Henne and White should have better potential ratings I already went 6 seasons with Lions and 5 with Vikings.. gonna try the Phins now!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2009, 07:05 PM   #6
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Sounds good, I love to read about franchises. And I think Henne has an "A" potential already, unless they changed it in a roster update.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »