Home

Madden 10 Ratings ruining the game

This is a discussion on Madden 10 Ratings ruining the game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 06:19 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 10 Ratings ruining the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
He mentions getting an achievement because it's to emphasize how tough AP is in the game.

Also:

All Day No Way

Record 3 tackles for a loss on Adrian Peterson. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no Pro Bowl, no co-op)

Doesn't say anything about no online. Don't know if you can get it online, but I've never looked at those achievements and thought "Looks like that one is offline only."
I think that there's a really easy to fix this debate. J can tell us if he's playing online or not.

As far as the debate goes, he has a right to his opinion and its probably true for him but there's people that have been mentioning problems but the ratings haven't been mentioned at all and most of the down the line reviewers have stated that it enhances the game.

My question is what are his year end stats like? If I remember, didn't he break the record and rush for close to 300 yards before? So if it happens once or twice, I don't think that's necessary to often and out of character.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:30 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phennixx
Okay maybe I'm alone in this but why not just adjust sliders man?

Seem like some people enjoy throwing rocks...the game is far from perfect but is a good game...

Dont like something about how game is playing its fine 9/10 there is a slider that YOU can adjust to your liking and skill level...

I just played Vikes in my Chise and All-Day ran for almost 200 yrds...I was playing with the Lions so seem bout right to me wasnt unstopable but had great game...

I thikn the new rating system is head and tail above what we've had in past years, stars play like stars and average players play to thier skill level...Well done dev. team! I'm not a big EA fan guy but I'll give credit when credit is due...

All in all its your game and I think the Ian & company have given you all the tools needed to adjust the game and make it an enjoyable expirence for all no matter your play style sim or tour guys...The Franchise is strpped down but so much fun...well Off to play more
Well said, I agree> ADJUST your SLIDERS. Don't just pick all-pro and say this game sucks, you need to tweak. I'm so glad that they got CPU sliders this year. I cant wait to get this game.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:49 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
He mentions getting an achievement because it's to emphasize how tough AP is in the game.

Also:

All Day No Way

Record 3 tackles for a loss on Adrian Peterson. 5 min qtrs, All Pro (no Pro Bowl, no co-op)

Doesn't say anything about no online. Don't know if you can get it online, but I've never looked at those achievements and thought "Looks like that one is offline only."
So then what's your point?
The OP is complaining that Adrian Peterson is unstoppable in the game... I could've sworn most people would think the same thing about him in real life.

In an interview with AD, (I think Rich Eisen?) asks him if one guy can stop him by himself... and AD says, "If they get lucky."

And if there's an achievement for stopping him, really?!

So if that's how it is in the game without sliders (actually like IRL), then do you really need them?

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 06:50 PM   #52
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckWheat00
Sounds like you can't play very good defense

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac

Last edited by Mofficial; 08-12-2009 at 06:53 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:56 PM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Sufferer
Why don't you just call him a liar instead of saying he's "greatly embellishing his experiences". LOL
he's trying to be polite lol ..and i agree with him.. the ratings are fine, the game DOES Need some slider tweaking but damn this game is NICE.

By the way, i played with the bears and even though im more of a vikings fan..i did shut down A.Peterson to 80yards for a game w/6 min qtr's and no accelerator clock ..maybe it just happens to be the quality of your play selection and gameskills?
Old 08-12-2009, 07:01 PM   #54
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9

the problem i have with ratings is the gap between starters and subs and just certain players ratings in general.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:11 PM   #55
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by spliff616
This is actually hard to tell/prove, but most accounts have Deion being the quickest.
Maybe not the point of the thread but I have chime in here.

I'm not a Titans fan. Chris Johnson is the fastest player to have ever been timed at the combines since they went to electronic timing. I don't know if the anyone from the current rookie crop like Heyward-bey has beat his time. But in Johnson's rookie year he was the fastest to have ever been electronically timed. Deion's wasn't electronic timed and hand times most often come out to appear faster due human's delayed reflex.

The OP also hinted that Chris Johnson wasn't as fast as Devin Hester. I'm a UM fan who watched all of Hester's home games in person and away games on TV. I have a friend who played against him. Hester wasn't even the fastest player on the Hurricanes team when he was there. I've seen him lose a race to Darnell Jenkins, a WR who didn't even sniff the NFL. People close to the team knew he wasn't the fastest on the team. He does play fast though and doesn't lose speed in his cuts and change of direction. That explains why some people think he is the fastest player in the NFL. I doubt he is even top 5.

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 10:22 PM   #56
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

I am very happy to hear there is a big difference in players....FINALLY, I will fear Adrian Peterson and have to gameplan and call intelligent defensive schemes to stop him!!!!

So tired of every other Madden where EVERY back played the same and no players stood out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »