Home

lets talk "wildcat" defense

This is a discussion on lets talk "wildcat" defense within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 06:25 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: lets talk "wildcat" defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Forgive me if I don't accept your efforts as the end-all of the wild cat debate.

Broncos.. Dude is absolutely right about the WILDCRAP...I have played about 10games so far in madden and I lost about 4 of them on people with no skill at all but will run that. Nothing is worse that creating a great drive down field, to just see some idiot put up 6 of of that crap time and time again....

To make that matters worse...they will also run the hurry up offense while doing the WILDCRAP...What I have found out is the best way that I have been doing fair in is is dime package and fire blitz...but who want to play a whole game of that crap.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:28 PM   #18
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimkalhun
Broncos.. Dude is absolutely right about the WILDCRAP...I have played about 10games so far in madden and I lost about 4 of them on people with no skill at all but will run that. Nothing is worse that creating a great drive down field, to just see some idiot put up 6 of of that crap time and time again....

To make that matters worse...they will also run the hurry up offense while doing the WILDCRAP...What I have found out is the best way that I have been doing fair in is is dime package and fire blitz...but who want to play a whole game of that crap.
10 games? I'm convinced. Madden 2010 is hosed.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:36 PM   #19
MVP

sooner1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimkalhun

Hey bro dont even worry. These guys talking like its no problem will soon see when they see this crap every other game. Its by far the worst cheese trashy ^#^#%^ thing I've evr seen in Madden. Sure you can stop it some but when it breaks its gone. The option out of it last night vs some bum had me rolling on the floor. Way too MARIO KART for me GOOD JOB EA!!! Games alot of hype and alot of arcadey BS. Nothing sim about it when any Dumb Mindless fool can run Wildcat all gm and get lucky break out runs.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:45 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
We wont see the WC in the NFL next year.
Really? You want to put real money on that? I'm down for a G-note if you are.

Quote:
It is a gimmick play IRL and midway through the season last year, the success the FINS had with it went down substantially. Stupid that it is in M10 period.
You're spouting off crap and you don't even have a clue. The only way you can really contain the Wildcat is to bring a safety down into the box. That's great if you have an RB with no throwing skills, but if you have a real QB like Pat White in there then you can't bring the safety in without the risk of being burned for a long *** TD. And believe me, that option is there every play IRL whether EA makes it that way in Madden or not.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:47 PM   #21
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22

I was worried about this being an issue. I don't have the game yet so I can't comment on how bad it is but I think its ridiculous so many people go for whatever cheap ways they can win. I understand it is just a game etc, but c'mon.

Its just like the majority of people online using the top 3 teams or whatever. I find it hard to believe they are all fans of these teams.

Its like in NCAA every other guy uses Florida. Whatever it takes for them to win I guess.

I can't wait to see stupid teams that wouldn't really do the WC doing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 06:53 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 12

Have you guys tried to play mostly zone with not blitzing? Or a man and zone with no blitzing?

*Actual time may vary.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:05 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Blitz the house like a man
Old 08-12-2009, 07:07 PM   #24
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22

Does M10 have the cool feature in NCAA where you can pre snap tell your defense it will be a run to the right, middle or left or pass. I think that would stop it easily if so and you picked the right side.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »