Home

lets talk "wildcat" defense

This is a discussion on lets talk "wildcat" defense within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2009, 04:54 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: lets talk "wildcat" defense

Remember - you're trying to stop a running formation. Focus your attention on the backfield. Use your best coverage players (CB, FS) for support. The "Wildcat" QB may be able to throw the ball, but not nearly as accurate as the regular QB, so you take you chances with a WR being covered by a linebacker, or even a defensive lineman. You have to be a little more creative than usual, which is pretty much what Baltimore did to Miami in the playoffs, as well as the regular season game.

One thing I know you don't want to do is play man underneath. Various forms of the cover 2 blitz is probably the sure-fire way to defend it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2009, 05:10 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
Is it really that bad? Or are all the people moaning about it just unable to react defensively?
To be honest, I think the majority of people who will complain about it are the people who just flat out suck at defense. I'll admit that I haven't even played this game, but from all of the videos I've watched, it doesn't look like something that's terribly hard to contain.

Unless Pat White or Vince Young are just incredibly accurate, then I don't think there's anything to worry about.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:29 AM   #43
All Star

OVR: 33

I havent had any problems defending it. However, I've only been playing against the CPU.

It really helps if you have a safety (like Bob Sanders) that can make a tackle. I usually foolow the man in motion.

Unless they start passing out of the formation, its just like any other play really.

Requires more stick skill than normal though.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:52 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just had another game with someone trying to wildcat all game. He got nothing, he had to stop running it. I use the Patriots Defensive playbook, and play zone blitzes against it. They get absolutely nothing. Most he ever got was 5 yards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »