Home

Madden NFL 10 Review

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2009, 11:42 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 10 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauro78
Commentary even if ported is still best than M10. About the animation you must be blind.
No, i agree with him that 2k5's running animations sucked as far as ball carrying is concerned, though 2k8's are downright INCREDIBLE. I actually like Madden 10's running animations
Old 08-13-2009, 11:51 AM   #74
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig
No, i agree with him that 2k5's running animations sucked as far as ball carrying is concerned, though 2k8's are downright INCREDIBLE. I actually like Madden 10's running animations
Running animations aren't terrible in 10, but they still look very videogame-ish. For a company that pioneered the mo-cap revolution, they have no animations in the game that look like real people moving. The running animations to me look a lot like Kratos running from God of War. Almost exactly.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:56 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 5
Kind of frustrated that sites like IGN simply cut and paste reviews of cross platform games. I find it hard to believe that the PS3 version and the 360 version of Madden 2010 are exactly the same. But they don't mention any differences. I don't want to have to wait a few weeks for IGN's head to head to determine a purchase choice, I would like to get the game on it's release date.

Has anyone read anywhere any Madden 2010 comparisons for PS3 vs 360? If so, could you please let me know the link.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2009, 12:03 PM   #76
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo68
Kind of frustrated that sites like IGN simply cut and paste reviews of cross platform games. I find it hard to believe that the PS3 version and the 360 version of Madden 2010 are exactly the same. But they don't mention any differences. I don't want to have to wait a few weeks for IGN's head to head to determine a purchase choice, I would like to get the game on it's release date.

Has anyone read anywhere any Madden 2010 comparisons for PS3 vs 360? If so, could you please let me know the link.

Thanks!
Ian Cummings detailed the differences himself on these very forums. They are exactly the same.

Subtle differences:
PS3 may drop frame rate on replays to prevent performance hits to actual gameplay, due to the different way that replays stream on PS3 (from hard drive) and on 360 (from RAM)

360 replays currently have a bug that don't allow them to play the entire replay. I think they have said that a fix is forthcoming.

The FMV in the game (the Extra Point shows, etc...) look better on the PS3 because of the Blu-rays capacity.

That's it. I don't have a link, but if you search 360 vs PS3, you will probably find it.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:08 PM   #77
Rookie

Thanks Only1LT!
Old 08-13-2009, 12:16 PM   #78
Rookie

Okay review, but score should be 8 at the most. It does not deserve a 9 with all the bad engineering.

This game is 20 years old and the developers are just now focusing on gameplay and football instead of modes and franchise??
Old 08-13-2009, 12:20 PM   #79
Rookie

Wow, I am definitely renting game first. They want us to pay $70 for a game with known bugs, WOW....
Old 08-13-2009, 12:24 PM   #80
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and this reviewer is certainly entitled to his. The majority of the comments on hear are saying that the review is fair and unbiased. To give a counterpoint, I don't think the review was quite that fair, and is a little biased.

Some of the issues in the game were not mentioned, and other issues in the game were glossed over, and some things that were said are just not true. Easily, the first thing that comes to mind is that Defenders actually see the ball in the game. Not at all true.

In no Madden game that I have ever played, including 10, does a defender "see" anything. Defenders will run routes that mirror the receiver while his back is turned to him. Defenders will also break on balls the second that you hit the pass button, again, while they have their back to the QB. There are also times when you will pass a ball to a receiver that is covered beautifully by a defender, who is actually facing the play and should be able to see the ball coming, but he will run the opposite direction that the ball is going as soon as you throw the pass. So again, what does the defense "see"? This has been going on for as long as I can remember and 10 is no different. It doesn't happen on every play, but it happens. If anything, the devs program into the defensive AI that on some plays they will read your mind and on some plays they will be dumb as dirt, just to balance the difficulty. But defenders do not "see" anything in Madden. The game is not anywhere near that sophisticated.

I don't want to break down the review word for word, and I am not saying that it is a terrible review, but just as others have stated how great a review they thought it was, I don't think it was as great as most others think.

I also think that a 9 is too high. And yes Millennium, I read the review lol. Maybe I just have a hard time with the game scoring so high when there is nothing to compare it to except the past few Maddens. Most games will score favorable if held in that light. The game is pretty solid and I am happy with the direction that I THINK that the team will take it in the future.

It is the best Madden I have played this gen and probably ever. At least it is for now until I play for longer than a week. But it isn't the best Football game I have ever played.
I agree with you about the Defenders running the WRs routes with their backs to the QB's....its really bad sometimes and makes the game feel a little cheap. It should be patchable though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »