Home

Madden NFL 10 Review

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 08:11 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 8
Nice review. I can not wait until Friday comes.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:25 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 10
Great article and a fair review. I agree this the first time in several years I can say that i'll play this game more than my other sport titles. Also great job pointing out the wr over the shoulder animation and the shoe string tackles hopefully this is addressed in future patch
Old 08-12-2009, 08:27 PM   #11
Rookie

porkys8077's Arena

OVR: 4
Nice review.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 08:31 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Madden NFL 10 Review

My initial impression was a c+, and after several days its still a c+. Its a good game but somethings just need to be ironed out i.e. DB's and LB's in man to man coverage turn their back on the receiver and run the route with him even cutting a fraction before the receiver. Now I know what the "D" in defense is for, its for "D"ionne Warwick cause these dudes are psychic. Instead of back pedalling and opening his hips. This was in 09 as well, run blocking is still not up to snuff. Pro Tak needs a lot of work, once you in a struggle tackle the end user can't get in on the action. RB's, oft times don't get covered out of the backfield. Their is no way to shade in or out with CB's making crossing routes almost defenseless. WR's still are not aware of the side line or make an attempt to come down inbounds unless they jump 3 yards away from the side line. DB's still have that I'm going to intercept/Swat the ball and if I fail on those attempts, I will not fail in making the tackle all done in the air.

I don't like that a lineman can be in a block on the interior trenches a DT or DE and you run a sweep or toss, not strech(sp) and you used the Sprint button and you're 5 yards away from the guy he can hunt you down most times because you're using the sprint button. OLineman on those plays even when you ask them to be aggresive or block in that direction still don't know how to seal(think Vince Lombardi sweep a seal here and a seal there) and of course the matador I'm going to the 2nd and 3rd level to search for some one to block.

The challenge system, or the lack their of, need I say more.

Hurry up offense, is broken. It is idiotic for Tiburon to just negate your hurry up offense simply because you had an incomplete pass.

QB's not willing to take a sack in hopes of throwing the lame duck or throwing into triple coverage for the interception.

The select to get to the nearest player is broken sometimes it will select a player nowhere in the vicinity of the guy you are trying to get to.

This is why the game gets a C+ it is an above average game, but an enjoyable game.

It does some things well, one on one tackling for a direct hit is awesome, lead passing is great and some other stuff.

From the impression thread, my early impression.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2039974206

Hell I forgot to mention all the contact down field with DB's/LB's that disrupt pass patterns

Last edited by backbreaker; 08-12-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:33 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 24

Seems like a fair, thoughtful review. More importantly, the score seems consistent with past Madden scores here at OS. The 9.0 score (up from an 8.5 last year) still leaves room for much improvement, but accurately acknowledges the improvements made by EA this year. I think the good things I've heard about OS reviews recently are true.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:33 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 11
thanks for the review
Old 08-12-2009, 08:41 PM   #15
Rookie

Peninc's Arena

OVR: 7
Great review.....its been a while since I picked up a madden title but i think this year EA is going for raw quality. Thumbs up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 08:45 PM   #16
Pro Sports Handicapper

bababooey76's Arena

OVR: 14

Good review. Biggest thing I see is the sim stats for the sacks and rushing TD's. If a patch will fix that then I think the 9.0 could be legit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »