Home

Any NCAA Converts..your thoughts?

This is a discussion on Any NCAA Converts..your thoughts? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 10:56 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 9
Any NCAA Converts..your thoughts?

There are few things that annoy me about NCAA this year but I still kind of like the game. But that $40 trade in value is real temping...so the question is, can any Madden ballers think of a good reason not to trade NCAA for the $40 trade in deal? Do you see yourself ever playing NCAA after playing Madden this year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 10:59 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Any NCAA Converts..your thoughts?

I would love to hear response to this?

I'm probably gonna trade in Fight Night Round 4 as well....that got really boring fast
Old 08-12-2009, 11:04 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 24

I am interested in the gameplay differences myself from those who have both retail versions. The visual and presentation is clear. But actually playing the game- is it generally the same? Do zones work better on madden? will scrambling QB run? does the CPU constantly just work the middle? Is it hard to do out patterns because the WRs struggle to get off the line in those plays? Does the sub in/out work better? and so on. I really think the impressions are great but for so many of us- we just want a direct ncaa to madden breakdown.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:05 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 10

im done with ncaa for a while. madden is a better game by far.

i do miss the fun of schools and what not... but... theres no atmoshpere whatsoever in ncaa 10 anyways so no big loss.

i do wish madden had a screenshot feature so i could do a dynasty site tho
Old 08-12-2009, 11:18 PM   #5
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

I am also gonna trade in NCAA and FNR4 for Madden. I may pick them up again later.But as far as NCAA goes,the fun factor is gone because it feels like the same frustrating football of years past. When you play Madden it feels like a totally different experience,and its like NCAA needs to catch up.Look no further than the improved pass lead on Madden.You can actually place the ball in certain spots,whereas in NCAA its gonna be a pic.
NCAA is at the point where Madden was in 09;everyone is hip to the gimmicks and are tired of it.The Madden team delivered,will the NCAA team deliver in '11?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 11:48 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

I'd love for more head to head comparison as well. Like I've posted in another thread though, I feel confident I can get 40 for NCAA on craigslist so I may keep both for awhile and then trade the one I like the least
Old 08-13-2009, 01:29 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've had madden for almost a week it's so good i have yet to play ncaa since i got it.this is without a doubt the best madden so far
Old 08-13-2009, 02:10 AM   #8
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
I am interested in the gameplay differences myself from those who have both retail versions. The visual and presentation is clear. But actually playing the game- is it generally the same? Do zones work better on madden? will scrambling QB run? does the CPU constantly just work the middle? Is it hard to do out patterns because the WRs struggle to get off the line in those plays? Does the sub in/out work better? and so on. I really think the impressions are great but for so many of us- we just want a direct ncaa to madden breakdown.
i would not say zones work better they seem to share the same code, however in madden the reaction time slider does seem to remedy this problem

scrambling Qb's are non existant in both games the cpu can always get the pass off and WILL in madden no matter what, so there is NO reason to use their legs...

not sure what you mean " work the middle" but yes they will pass the ball around the field, my gripes are # 1,2,3

1. they dont hit their #1 guy enough, never will fitz be dominant, he will get his but its more routine than a beast performance

2. the cpu IMO is not as aggressive as ncaa, on 3rd and 10 in ncaa especially against the good Qb's on my sliders they almost always go for the first down, madden however runs plays short of the marker too often to where you notice it.

3. hard to get front 4 pressure CONSISTENTELY.

4. never noticed the Wr getting jammed up alot, it does happen but thats never been on my radar so i cant comment too accurately on that issue

5. sub in/out, the same Hb issue is present in madden but someone has the magical numbers same as we did in ncaa, however with the fatigue slider alot of guys can see playing time ESPECIALLY since the accel clock is done better in this game

Madden is a really good game, i love ncaa more but its thin line between the 2 games and serious people will tell you that....

madden has WAY more options to tune the gameplay so i'll give the edge.

#18 greatest EVA....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »