Home

Gamespot review

This is a discussion on Gamespot review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 12:39 AM   #25
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Gamespot review

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke
That is why we need to stop focusing on individual fixes and pray that EA make customizable sports games. Sliders, tune files, editing of anything availible. Those are the tools we need. We don't need them to make a perfect game when everyones ideal of perfect is different.
I agree 100 percent. But Dave.Wales doesn't. He got the game early and apparently got it in his head that he invented the thing, posting impressions that included quite possibly the most ignorant, misinformed statement I've ever read on a sports gaming message board, that sliders are unimportant and a game shouldn't be customizable to fit the user's style and tastes. I still can't get over how stupid that statement was.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2009, 12:39 AM   #26
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

WOW, Gamestop has lost and just lost huge credibility tonight, sorry Madden is a 9.5 in my eyes.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-13-2009, 12:39 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopizzle34
they gave Madden 09 and NCAA 10 an 8.0,two of the worst football games ever IMO. I can see some of his gripes but a 7.5 to the best Madden on next gen so far???? I mean wow!!!
I have NCAA and it isn't as bad as you are making it out

The gameplay is fun and improved over previous years. The other aspects of the game have some problems, and so the game probably doesn't deserve higher than a 7.5 itself
Old 08-13-2009, 12:40 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
WOW, Gamestop has lost and just lost huge credibility tonight, sorry Madden is a 9.5 in my eyes.
I haven't played it yet so I can't say, but while a 7.5 is low to most people from what I've read a 9.5 is way too high especially for a site that reviews games of all types.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:43 AM   #29
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furq
I have NCAA and it isn't as bad as you are making it out

The gameplay is fun and improved over previous years. The other aspects of the game have some problems, and so the game probably doesn't deserve higher than a 7.5 itself
maybe NCAA is not bad to you bro,and thats' cool,but to me,it is 09 with the gimmick Season Showdown and little else,I can't wait to trade it in for some real football(madden 10)
Old 08-13-2009, 12:44 AM   #30
Rookie

Mad 69's Arena

OVR: 10
Icon14 Re: Gamespot review

Finally, an honest review and fair score, I also give this game a 7.5. These reviewers usually suck, I belive Madden 08 was given an 8 something, we all know that was a crock of sh!t. I now have renewed hope for Gamespot...
Old 08-13-2009, 12:44 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 28

I think you guys are big EA fans and you are going to react this way whenever the review isn't stellar. Not bashing you at all, but you want the game to be good so bad that you get angered when someone says it's not better than it is. Personally, having gone without an NFL game for 5 years now, this is by far the best effort I've seen from the Madden dev team in a LONNNNNNG time. You can't say that because he gave it a 7.5 that it means it's worse than Madden 09. It's clearly not, but with the quantum leaps all other sports games are making now, Madden is still light years behind. There is nothing in Madden 10 that is revolutionary that hasn't already been done in past maddens and other football games in the past. In fact, it has less. How can you expect the reviewers to praise it to no end with that in mind? The review isn't to say the game sucks, it's to point out the shortcomings so that the dev team knows what they need to do to get it over the edge. I think the game is really good, and am excited for it, but it's not much better than 7.5. I thought the review was really good. Nearly everything he said was right, especially the problems with the AI. The new presentation additions, online franchise, and the improved gameplay are great things to have, but still not up to par with what is out there today in terms of sports games. Play MLB the show or NHL 09 or NBA 2k. Those franchises are light years ahead. It's fair to hold EA to a higher standard, it can only help the situation not hurt it. Everyone bitched about the exclusive deal and then the ridiculous overblown reviews of Madden in the past on Next Gen. Now the reviewers are actually holding EA to the proper standard, and everyone complains? They practically ARE the NFL. The game should be better than it is. We've already been down the road as to why. Let's just say this. This game is a building block for turning around a nearly dead game.

I think some of you guys should probably pop in a copy of Madden 2005, 2k5 or even NFL Fever. You will realize how much those games had that even this Madden doesn't. I say let the reviewers hold EA to a high standard. It's about time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2009, 12:45 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 13

GameSpot is a site that reviews everything. The reviewer is not going to be a hardcore sports sim guy who has been following the game religiously.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »