Home

Edited Ratings and Progression

This is a discussion on Edited Ratings and Progression within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2009, 11:59 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Edited Ratings and Progression

I changed Thomas Davis(Panthers OLB) to a 99 and his potential changed from a B to an A. I also changed J. Stewart(HB) and E. Brown(DE) to see if they will progress after the season ends and to see if Davis remains a 99.

Davis remains a 99 and does not regress back(he also does not progress further). I believe the game changes his potential to whatever his current overall is after it surpasses his original potential he was given(in this case it was a 86-87 something before)

Both Stewart and Brown progress. Stewart grew +6 overall and Brown grew +5 overall.

As for the person saying changing positions stunts a player, you are wrong. A player who's position is changed will progress at the position you make him. Example being if I changed Brown to a CB he would grow like a CB would. It is explained further in this thread.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ogression.html

Last edited by Glorious Arc; 08-14-2009 at 12:12 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:53 AM   #18
Rookie

PuddleMonkey's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
I changed Thomas Davis(Panthers OLB) to a 99 and his potential changed from a B to an A. I also changed J. Stewart(HB) and E. Brown(DE) to see if they will progress after the season ends and to see if Davis remains a 99.

Davis remains a 99 and does not regress back(he also does not progress further). I believe the game changes his potential to whatever his current overall is after it surpasses his original potential he was given(in this case it was a 86-87 something before)

Both Stewart and Brown progress. Stewart grew +6 overall and Brown grew +5 overall.

As for the person saying changing positions stunts a player, you are wrong. A player who's position is changed will progress at the position you make him. Example being if I changed Brown to a CB he would grow like a CB would. It is explained further in this thread.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ogression.html
<3
Old 08-14-2009, 02:09 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

I would like to know this as well. I mean Colt Brennan is ranked ovr 49. Come on his accuracy is off the charts better than cambell and yet he gets no respect in Madden. If I bump him up to where he is like a 65 ovr, and give him a B potential will he possibly progress into something stellar?

Thanks
Old 08-14-2009, 02:29 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm glad to hear that players who change position will progress. I was worried.

I had to change Justin Durant to MLB and Daryl Smith to OLB. I'd be pissed if my good young LBs wouldn't progress because of that.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:29 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

A guy in my thread said you can't even edit player ratings. Please tell me this is WRONG.

Can I edit the ratings during a franchise as well? (Like NBA2k)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 02:31 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizer17
I would like to know this as well. I mean Colt Brennan is ranked ovr 49. Come on his accuracy is off the charts better than cambell and yet he gets no respect in Madden. If I bump him up to where he is like a 65 ovr, and give him a B potential will he possibly progress into something stellar?

Thanks
This next test, I will take Brennan and increase his overall past his potential(C grade). I will make him and Barnes(Rookie CB with C pot) an overall 82. I will also take campbell and increase him to a 90 and lower Portis to a 90. I use several players just in case. The Portis test is to see if lowering a player who is at max/near max potential but is fairly young, if he will progress back to his max potential. I will sim two seasons and edit my post with the results.

Portis may have been to old to try and lower his overall to watch him reprogress back to his max potential. I will try with Williams(Panthers RB) after this current test.

After season one, all three players remain the same overall. After the second season, all of the players did not progress any further.

Last edited by Glorious Arc; 08-14-2009 at 02:56 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:35 AM   #23
MVP

krulmichael's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmarino
A guy in my thread said you can't even edit player ratings. Please tell me this is WRONG.

Can I edit the ratings during a franchise as well? (Like NBA2k)
You can edit player ratings, but not once your in Franchise Mode. So be sure to do all your edits before you start a Chise.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:39 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

On top of this, do created players progress in franchise mode?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »