Home

No Lead Blocking

This is a discussion on No Lead Blocking within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2009, 12:16 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
No Lead Blocking

Uh...hello? Nobody mentioned this in any review. Made this game for me last year. So what? we're supposed to go back to Mickey Mouse running game? Why take away the only depth and enjoyment away from the running game? It's like playing a driving game and only controlling the steering. Never gonna understand the guys who make this game. Is their memory only 8 months long? So many features in so many different games over now multiple decades including some in this very series and yet they are just not there. Why? So they can play up gang tacking? like the gang tackling in NCAA 09? Lame.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 12:16 AM   #2
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: No Lead Blocking

Cool. But how does Mickey Mouse run?
Old 08-14-2009, 12:19 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs78
Cool. But how does Mickey Mouse run?
I heard he was a mix between Bo Jackson and Barry Sanders.

Serious note...They removed Lead blocking because it was a poor gimmick and most of the people said they did not want it. Like it or not, it has gone the way of the QB vision cone.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:22 AM   #4
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
I heard he was a mix between Bo Jackson and Barry Sanders.
That's what I heard, but I heard Donald Duck was a beast at stopping the Mickey Mouse run.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:42 AM   #5
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodriggo
Uh...hello? Nobody mentioned this in any review. Made this game for me last year. So what? we're supposed to go back to Mickey Mouse running game? Why take away the only depth and enjoyment away from the running game? It's like playing a driving game and only controlling the steering. Never gonna understand the guys who make this game. Is their memory only 8 months long? So many features in so many different games over now multiple decades including some in this very series and yet they are just not there. Why? So they can play up gang tacking? like the gang tackling in NCAA 09? Lame.
Wait!!!

So your actually telling me that they took out "Lead Blocking" for this year's title?

If so this series isn't really moving forward at all. More like spinning it's wheels if you ask me!

Can someone confirm this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 12:46 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedmanR
Wait!!!

So your actually telling me that they took out "Lead Blocking" for this year's title?

If so this series isn't really moving forward at all. More like spinning it's wheels if you ask me!

Can someone confirm this?
Was our word not good enough...? Fine here is the thread made by Ian months ago about this. Seriously, it has gone the way of the dodo AKA QB vision.(I miss QB vision but because people were butt sore about it they removed it from the game)

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...our-votes.html

Last edited by Glorious Arc; 08-14-2009 at 01:00 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:48 AM   #7
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

I didn't care for lead blocking really. If it means to get better features for Madden, i'm all for it as long as the blocker in this case would be the FB, doesn't have a wonky AI that drifts off
Old 08-14-2009, 12:53 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 8

I think its disappointing they removed the feature. the ai blocking is still just downright awful at times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »