Home

Stadium Sounds

This is a discussion on Stadium Sounds within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2009, 07:05 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Stadium Sounds

No Viking horn??!?? That's been in there since last gen. O.o

Honestly, for every good thing I read/hear about this game I've heard 10 bad things.

Plus if I do pick this up I'm going to have a real "fun" time getting the right sliders instead of playing it out of the box.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 07:06 PM   #42
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
I guess there not in the game. I could've sworn they said they were. Let me find the blog about it.
I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was in the gameshark developer Q&A:

http://www.gameshark.com/features/60...eloper-Q&A.htm

What about presentation? Ian, you told me at the show that you wanted the stadiums to all feel unique. How are you doing that?
Ian: One of the most common pieces of feedback from the community (and internally from our own time playing the game) was that every Franchise game really felt the same. There was no real sense of a “journey” through the season since every game was presented in a similar fashion. Since we had committed to a huge investment in re-vamping our cut-scenes (and their respective systems), Mike Young, Tavis Kahler, and crew did a bunch of research to pick out some of the most recognizable pieces that you see in various stadiums around the league.
This addition alone in pre-game (and cuts to these types of scenes throughout the game) was a nice way for us to give you (the fan) the feel of each stadium and location being different. We realize that many people skip through pre-game cut-scenes once they see them a few times, so by making every intro feel different it gave people a reason to at least give a second look and keep the game feeling new and fresh.
The most exciting thing for me is that we will be able to keep building on this for the future, since a huge chunk of our time this year was spent actually just getting the tech in place. Expect community polls and wishlist threads soon. (smile)
One of the key details we had to implement in all of these fan scenes was some extra logic for the fans to pick jerseys of the current star players to wear. This really helps keep you immersed in your Franchise, regardless of what year it is, to see your fans out there wearing the jersey of your new star player that you drafted in 2012.

To add to this, we have all kinds of stadium-specific chants in the game as well – so now you’ll hear the chants that make you feel like you really are in that hostile opposing environment – such as “J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!” and “E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!”

Now Ian needs to explain his misinformation!
Old 08-15-2009, 07:10 PM   #43
Rookie

I am sure this was just another "accident" that they will fix in Patch 18 or better yet, Madden 11.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:13 PM   #44
4 straight Cy Young awds

Mad dog 31's Arena

OVR: 5

Does anyone know why they got away from using "real" QB voices?? Peyton Manning sounds generic, I thought that was one of the coolest features on the next gen systems, where did it go?????
Old 08-15-2009, 07:30 PM   #45
Rookie

That's Madden for you. 1 step forward and 2 steps back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 07:46 PM   #46
4 straight Cy Young awds

Mad dog 31's Arena

No kidding. Overall, much better than last year, but I want the voices back in the game!!!!
Old 08-15-2009, 07:59 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:

What about presentation? Ian, you told me at the show that you wanted the stadiums to all feel unique. How are you doing that?
Every stadium sounds the exact same to me. I also don't hear the "new crowd noises" people keep talking about.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:29 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 7

Great call out! Another reason why the game isn't impressing me. This type of stuff should be specific in different stadiums. The last gen Maddens did do these things. I don't think a patch will fix it though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »