Home

Can I clear something up with Vick please?

This is a discussion on Can I clear something up with Vick please? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 02:28 AM   #1
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14
Can I clear something up with Vick please?

This is not another Vick signed by Eagles thread. I'm watching the NFL Network and they said there are certain rules before Vick is listed as a QB. Now from what I saw and heard, Mike Vick will play the WR or RB position until he's ready to play QB. He expected to play on the 3rd week of the season as a WR or RB; but he's not expected to play QB until the 6th week. There's something about the NFL rules and how he can't be a QB. Please, if someone knows explain to this to me and correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, how will EA use Vick in Madden? Is he still going to have the same stats as he did in his final game as an Atlanta Falcon or will Vick be evaluated on his performance during his physical? I know people are complaining about the wild cat formation and Vick being in the game; but I do believe in order for it to work Vick needs to have his super human abilities in order to execute the wild cat. This is not possible because not only was he a bad QB, he hasn't played football in a very long time.

I'm interested to see how this all turns out.

BTW, I searched the forums for NFL Network and Mike Vick; nothing about this came up so don't close my thread thinking it's another Vick post. It's strictly about what was said on the network about his position and hope everyone understands and hopefully he's not a QB in Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 02:33 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Can I clear something up with Vick please?

STFU bum you have no idea what you're talking about. He will be the 3rd or 2nd string QB on the depth chart andy reid said. He will also be used in other was ala him, mcnabb, and westbrook on the field at once, wildcat, etc. Etc. Check your facts
Old 08-14-2009, 02:35 AM   #3
MVP

Darkleaf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextAI95
STFU bum you have no idea what you're talking about. He will be the 3rd or 2nd string QB on the depth chart andy reid said. He will also be used in other was ala him, mcnabb, and westbrook on the field at once, wildcat, etc. Etc. Check your facts
Wtf?

Oh and Ankido he will probably be rated 50-64 is my guess until he proves he is better than a crap rating.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:37 AM   #4
MVP

judgejudy's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
somebody's cranky from staying up all night to get madden.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:39 AM   #5
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
where'd you come from?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 02:41 AM   #6
Rookie

SharksG's Arena

OVR: 2

I just watched the same thing. I think what they meant was that until he was "ready" for the QB position, he would only be used situational as a RB or WR, and obviously when using wildcat. McNabb also commented that he's not worrying at all about Vick becoming the starter.

I hope they use his performance in the physical in the game. He hasn't played since December of '06! Obviously he's not going to be a star player coming right onto the field.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:42 AM   #7
Can U spare a dollar?

GHUGHES's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Really was the name calling really necessary?
Old 08-14-2009, 02:48 AM   #8
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

How come they said something about NFL rules that would keep him from playing the actual position? Argh, I'm going to probably stay up late to watch it again just in case I misunderstood something. I appreciate the insight though guys. From what I heard and how he can't play the position because of rules; I figured he can't be listed as QB in Madden if that's the case. That would be very interesting to see.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »