Home

Are you having trouble getting sacks and/or pressure?

This is a discussion on Are you having trouble getting sacks and/or pressure? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are you having trouble getting sacks/pressure on CPU QBs?
Alot of trouble! 28 24.14%
I can get pressure, but not many sacks 44 37.93%
Once in awhile 12 10.34%
None at all. I get a realistic amount of sacks/pressure 32 27.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-14-2009, 04:38 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Are you having trouble getting sacks and/or pressure?

From what Im seeing, people are having more trouble with 3-4 OLBs than 4-3 DEs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 04:49 PM   #26
Rookie

njmcfreak's Arena

OVR: 4

I play with the Eagles and am having a hard time getting any pressure. It seems The QB knows when I'm about to tackle him even from his blindside. I think the sprint button makes the CPU's awareness go up for some reason, on all sides of the ball. If I run with my RB and hit sprint the defenders know what I'm going to do, if I dont use sprint than they act like football players not mind readers like usual.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:57 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

For all of you getting pressure, it's because you're controlling a D lineman or a blitzer. Try controlling a safety and you'll see that when you're on D your guys get no pressure, but when the AI is on D they get plenty of pressure.

Last edited by dubz; 08-14-2009 at 05:01 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:00 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
Just wanted to get a consensus on this now that most people should have the game.

Who all is having trouble getting sacks, pressure on the opposing QB?

I resorted to turning CPU pass blocking down to 0 and my pass rush ability up to 100. Hasnt made much of a difference, if any.

I occasionally get pressure when I control the blitzer and do a move, but for the most part, unless I do a heavy blitz, I cant get pressure. And even when I do do a heavy blitz, I get burned. Now, obviously you can get burned to you do an all out blitz, but not every single time. The better QBs can pick up on it and remain calm under pressure, but alot of average/mediocre QBs will struggle with it...but not in Madden. Every single QB can apparently pick up on it and deliver accurate throws in that situation.

No, I dont want to sack the QB on every play. Hell, I dont even need to get pressure every player, but Im playing as the Steelers, and James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley, despite being highly rated, are pretty much useless. And its not just because the QBs get rid of the ball before the defender gets to them, its because my guys cant get off their blocks to save their lives.

And its funny, I was trying to get after Matt Schaub and I blitzed 4. Aaron Smith manaaged to get off of the RT (although it took about 5 seconds) and was closing in on Schaub before little Stevie Slaton picked up the blitz and absolutely schooled Smith. Now, I really like Slaton, but be would get tossed like a ragdoll by Aaron Smith. He wouldnt maintain a block for 3-4 seconds and then throw Aaron Smith to the ground. Unbelievable.

If this stuff isnt/cant be patched, it will be really sad, because for the most part, I am enjoying this.

Anyway, yeah...feel free to post your experience with this.

I apologize. I made almost the same exact topic and didn't see this one.

I really do like this game but my worst fears are happening as far as not being able to get sacks while using the Steelers. I would hate to play an entire season and have like at most 10 sacks combined from Harrison/Woodley and seeing Aaron Smith have 10 lol
Old 08-14-2009, 05:15 PM   #29
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

I get pressure and sacks whenever the CPU wants me too. I was just playing the Jags, and early in the game, one of the first plays, i send 4 guys (3 linemen and my ROLB) and the d-line had just a RB staying behind to block, and i got very good pressure, came close to a sack. A quarter or two later, the same play, the CPU once again only kept one RB back to block, and i get no pressure what so ever, the QB had all day back there. The next play i call the same play, instead of having a RB stay behind, they had a TE on my blitzing LB, and i was able to get to the QB for a sack with one of my lineman. So to me it just seems like i get pressure and sacks whenever the CPU decides it wants me to.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:28 PM   #30
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

I've only been doing Madden Moments so far but I've been getting pressure and have one sack (with Denver wich pretty much won the game as it made it 4th & 17) but I've only been on D 2 times so far.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:34 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 10

None at all. My 46 defense is doing work

-Big L RIP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 05:45 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgame06
so im assuming this is just a hit or miss all together then? i dont want to mess with the sliders because i feel that shouldn't be the case. and according to some posts in this thread, sliders don't seem to help too much anyways...
I'm assuming you are using the Redskins, have you tried running stunts with Haynesworth? That is how I'm generating my pressure, although I just played Pittsburgh and they did a much better job of stopping my pass rush, only 1 sack and 4 tackles for Tommie Harris this time

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »