Home

Are you having trouble getting sacks and/or pressure?

This is a discussion on Are you having trouble getting sacks and/or pressure? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are you having trouble getting sacks/pressure on CPU QBs?
Alot of trouble! 28 24.14%
I can get pressure, but not many sacks 44 37.93%
Once in awhile 12 10.34%
None at all. I get a realistic amount of sacks/pressure 32 27.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-14-2009, 05:58 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Are you having trouble getting sacks and/or pressure?

Just woke up... been playing madden since midnight opening and passed out lol. I'm going to try the pass rush again on all-pro default with a better d-line than the falcons', maybe the Giants' or the Vikings and see how it goes.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:03 PM   #34
MVP

Darkleaf's Arena

OVR: 19

I went with "I can get pressure, but not many sacks" They release just before I get near them, but it could be I am just not good enough.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:18 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 7

I get plenty of pressure, problem is the qbs throw the ball it seems no matter what...which causes them to throw up lame ducks and in my franchise i have a ton of pics, but only a few sacks...i play as the giants so should be getting 3 or so sacks a game.

hopefully they patch the ai to take some sacks rather then toss ducks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 06:19 PM   #36
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Just got on D again and got 2 pressures and 1 sack out of 5 pass plays with the Bills. Though I noticed the AI got held up one of the times I got pressure. The other 2 they were close enough I guess.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:21 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 5

So far, I have 8 sacks in 2 games running the 3-4 with the Packers. Either I've gotten lucky so far, or I'm not having the same problem as everyone else.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:23 PM   #38
Rookie

lilgame06's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I'm assuming you are using the Redskins, have you tried running stunts with Haynesworth? That is how I'm generating my pressure, although I just played Pittsburgh and they did a much better job of stopping my pass rush, only 1 sack and 4 tackles for Tommie Harris this time
nah...ive only used the skins against my friends so far and i get pressure and sacks there cuz user pockets break down so much easier than a cpu controlled pocket. when not playing against my friends, im using either the bills or the texans...bills mostly because im playing franchise with them. im in my second year and aaron maybin's overall has rose...aaron schobel is one of the leagues elite pass rushers, and marcus stroud is a good plug in the middle. but none of that matter because the cpu is just amazing. i forgot to say that i do get pressure. i seem to hit the qb alot but he ends up being able to get the ball off on a dump off route or occasionally ill get a flutter ball...but so little sacks across the first 9 games of the season is extremely disappointing.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:23 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 6

I'm on PS3 switching back and fourth between all-madden and all-pro and have no trouble with sacks. I blitz frequently and get burned by it a lot but also get rewarded a lot. If you don't use a blitz its very hard to get pressure but i've had a good amount of coverage sacks. No one open and the QB holds it too long is a a great situation, using Green Bay I don't have a really good D-Line but if a QB is too patient hes getting hit or sacked.

I'm not finding any trouble so far, things are playing well, defense has seemed a bit easy for me though.

Side note, Green Bay uses the 3-4 now, this could be a difference in why i'm able to generate pressure and some aren't though I don't know if thats the case or not.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:25 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

It also depends on the quality of the secondary you have, and if you're mixing up your coverage during the game because the AI now trends your playcalling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »