Home

My bet with Ian

This is a discussion on My bet with Ian within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2009, 10:48 PM   #49
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: My bet with Ian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindflare210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I appreciate your patience sir.
I appreciate your patience, sir.
I appreciate your patience, sir.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:25 AM   #50
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I don't expect one with a game in it, but I would like an empty M10 box with M10 cover paper signed by the crew. Obviously with Ian's name in the "center" where it is most legible .
I would like Ians autograph too, on a check refunding the money I paid for a broken game.

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Old 09-22-2009, 01:36 AM   #51
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
He also has been busy working and flying out to met John Madden. I am glad to see he is getting better according to his tweets.

I was just hoping somewhere along the lines I would at least get some kind of an update, maybe when he got my box in the mail or either of my two PMs, that they are at least working on it.

I doubt it is intentional, but after a month [okay 3 days shy of a month] I would at least like some kind of info. Is that too much to ask? To some I guess it is.

P.S. If I want to go D-Bag mode you could comment asking why, like a "get well soon" or "birthday" card is passed around the office, this couldn't get done the day the Box came in, maybe the next day. But I digress...
I gotta be honest...if it was me I probably wouldn't have signed anything for you as pushy and as naggy as you were being about it. Sure you won a light hearted "bet" but come on, it wasn't like it was something so official and serious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2009, 03:40 AM   #52
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsb13
I gotta be honest...if it was me I probably wouldn't have signed anything for you as pushy and as naggy as you were being about it. Sure you won a light hearted "bet" but come on, it wasn't like it was something so official and serious.
You know what they say if you have nothing good to say then say nothing at all,because if ian didn't like what the guy was saying he should be the one to say something i am pretty sure he would prefer you not putting in your two cents and stirring the pot.

Last edited by permanent1; 09-22-2009 at 03:44 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:23 AM   #53
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
I would like Ians autograph too, on a check refunding the money I paid for a broken game.
boo you suck
Old 09-22-2009, 01:00 PM   #54
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by permanent1
You know what they say if you have nothing good to say then say nothing at all,because if ian didn't like what the guy was saying he should be the one to say something i am pretty sure he would prefer you not putting in your two cents and stirring the pot.
I'm pretty sure this is a message board where people come just to put their two cents in . Other wise whats the point? Not trying to stir any pot, just giving my opinion.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:31 AM   #55
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

On Sat. September 26, 2009 I revived the attached in the mail. I have been busy with work myself and it took me a little while to post this.

Thank you again Ian, and here is the proof that he is a man of his word.

P.S. @bsb13 excuse me? I sent him a tweet because I for one didn't have a lot of confidence that EA could make a good next gen Madden. I was just making a monopoly money bet with Ian, for fun. he "made it real" offering something of substance and I couldn't resist accepting it. after I won I posted my video and made a thread. It took a while but I finally got a response. Than after almost a full moth I hadn't heard anything else, not even an update. How is that pushy? I think that was more than courteous and respectful. Oh well, in the end what do I care what someone on the internet thinks of me anyway?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 27.jpg (135.9 KB, 81 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2009, 01:34 AM   #56
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Oh, and can Ian point out all the signatures by chance? I can tell some of them right away. Ian himself over the name Madden, Michael Young in Troy's "grill", Josh Looman under the NFL logo, I think Phil is by the 360 logo. I can't tell where Donny Moore is off hand or anyone else. Looks great though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »