Home

WildCat Formation Question

This is a discussion on WildCat Formation Question within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2009, 08:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
WildCat Formation Question

Maybe I am doing something wrong but every time I try the passing play in the wildcat I am unable to use the R2 button to pull the ball down and scramble. Is it just impossible to do so, and if it is, why is that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 09:12 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: WildCat Formation Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky23
Maybe I am doing something wrong but every time I try the passing play in the wildcat I am unable to use the R2 button to pull the ball down and scramble. Is it just impossible to do so, and if it is, why is that?
It's to stop cheese.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:26 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
It's to stop cheese.
Then what is the point of having the wildcat if you can only throw the ball with a guy? The reason it is so effective is if you have a guy that can RUN it AND throw it. Why do you think the Dolphins drafted Pat White?
Old 08-14-2009, 09:53 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo6911
Then what is the point of having the wildcat if you can only throw the ball with a guy? The reason it is so effective is if you have a guy that can RUN it AND throw it. Why do you think the Dolphins drafted Pat White?
I agree, it doesn't make a huge amount of sense, but like I said it's to stop people using White or Vick in the wildcat, calling PA Jet Sweeps all day and just scrambling.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:10 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
I agree, it doesn't make a huge amount of sense, but like I said it's to stop people using White or Vick in the wildcat, calling PA Jet Sweeps all day and just scrambling.
But it is a little annoying because if there is a blitz or I want a little extra time for a receiver to get open/finish his break I can't get it. A lot of the time when you try one of the passes you are forced to throw very quickly. It is not a huge deal for me, I mean I was just playing an exhibition with it to see what it is like. I just thought it was weird because you can't get away from the pass rush and buy extra time. But I do understand how people could take advantage of it as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 10:40 AM   #6
MVP

Can you use the QB evade thing?
Old 08-14-2009, 10:50 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Can you use the QB evade thing?
I think so but I it doesn't always work and be able to roll out for a few extra seconds would be better. Like I said though, not a big deal because I like using team specific playbooks and I never use the dolphins. Just thought it was weird. I would use the wildcat if I had a team with a back up QB who had decent speed and a decent arm, but with the way the passing system is for the wildcat I probably will just stay away. I enjoy these games no matter what. I don't dwell on small things. I was just unsure if I was doing something wrong or maybe my game had a glitch. Thanks for the feedback
Old 08-14-2009, 11:23 AM   #8
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Yes..thanks for making this thread because I did not understand how to scramble out of the WC either.

Well this honestly is a bit disappointing. I was really pumped about scrambling around then passing with Pat White to keep teams on their toes.

Now I am wondering why the WC is considered cheese? It is fun to run but you can't really use it to full potential. I played with the Fins and had decent gains, but nothing that seemed cheesy. Am I missing something?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »