Home

Dare I say, Madden 09-10 a bigger jump than 05-06?

This is a discussion on Dare I say, Madden 09-10 a bigger jump than 05-06? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2009, 09:24 AM   #1
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12
Icon4 Dare I say, Madden 09-10 a bigger jump than 05-06?

I mean seriously! It may be the euphoria of the new game still having an effect on me, but the jump in features, graphics, presentation is so stark from Madden 09 to Madden 10, it makes me think back to the jump from Madden 05 to Madden 06 (so-called next-gen).

It seems like THIS ifs finally what we all were expecting when we first fired up Madden 06 on our next-gen systems 4 years ago. The game is truly amazing from that standpoint. And, to me, that's what makes this year's transition to the new game much more pronounced...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 09:30 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Dare I say, Madden 09-10 a bigger jump than 05-06?

It's not bad. It's a step in the right direction. As long as this team is the same team that will 1)fix some issues with this release nd 2)work on the next release to put more of the features that matter such as challenge options, a true 3-4 defense, and blocking logic that needs a serious improvement, minus the Madden shop, it'll be an interesting couple of years.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:32 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausar72
I mean seriously! It may be the euphoria of the new game still having an effect on me, but the jump in features, graphics, presentation is so stark from Madden 09 to Madden 10, it makes me think back to the jump from Madden 05 to Madden 06 (so-called next-gen).

It seems like THIS ifs finally what we all were expecting when we first fired up Madden 06 on our next-gen systems 4 years ago. The game is truly amazing from that standpoint. And, to me, that's what makes this year's transition to the new game much more pronounced...
Yeah this is more like the game we were expecting......4 years ago. Exactly why I think some of you have gone easy on EA. Keep the pressure up, and maybe we can actually get a game built for 2011 in 2011!
Old 08-14-2009, 09:37 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Yeah this is more like the game we were expecting......4 years ago. Exactly why I think some of you have gone easy on EA. Keep the pressure up, and maybe we can actually get a game built for 2011 in 2011!
Yea the problem is when people question the slightest thing, they are automatically haters. People fail to realize that we all want the best NFL experience. Our systems are powerful enough to get that experience and authentic gameplay we seek. M10 is no question leaps and bounds, and I think the biggest addition with M10, is not the ProTak, not procedural awareness, but the damn sliders. The default sliders are a joke to me, but I hope the sliders work like they are supposed to.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:45 AM   #5
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausar72

I am picking up my copy of Madden at lunch time and I am really looking forward to spending a lot of time with it tonight after work. I appreciate all the improvements I am hearing about but to me what I want to see is the improvements to the AI and cpu play calling. It's those two things that are what make or break any football game and is the difference between a sim game and an arcade game.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is a sim game this year that plays on the field like real life football does.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 10:04 AM   #6
Rookie

ice23's Arena

OVR: 3
Icon14 Re: Dare I say, Madden 09-10 a bigger jump than 05-06?

Man i tell you what . this game is off the chain. i feel like a zombie this morning but i thank the madden team that put it down this year. i'm sure you guys are working on the pass rush patch or challenge issue but first things first you guys did a helluva job.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:24 AM   #7
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

mos def the biggest jump.. and last yr wasnt terrible either

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps
Old 08-14-2009, 10:33 AM   #8
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke316
mos def the biggest jump.. and last yr wasnt terrible either
Are you kidding me? Last year's game was nothing short of a calamity,a catastrophe of epic proportions. It was an abomination, a travesty of the highest order, a crime perpetrated on mankind.

I really didn't like it.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »