Home

Field goal holding warning

This is a discussion on Field goal holding warning within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2009, 11:42 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Field goal holding warning

hey I know this is probably already in the bugs/glitches thread...there is a high frequency of holding on field goals on the default penalty slider settings...I wanted to share a quick experience with it however which is why i created this thread:

I was trailing 28-27 with my friend in a local game, I ran the clock down to 2 seconds with the ball on his 20 or so yard line, called timeout....kicked what I thought was a game winning field goal...however I recieved an offensive holding penalty, which I guess automatically ends the game if done with no time or less then 10 seconds on the clock or something like that (which is real NFL rules)...so when you guys are kicking those last second field goals...maybe try and give yourself some extra time to try it again...or you will possibly get a very dissatisfying loss
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 11:48 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Field goal holding warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecb2412
hey I know this is probably already in the bugs/glitches thread...there is a high frequency of holding on field goals on the default penalty slider settings...I wanted to share a quick experience with it however which is why i created this thread:

I was trailing 28-27 with my friend in a local game, I ran the clock down to 2 seconds with the ball on his 20 or so yard line, called timeout....kicked what I thought was a game winning field goal...however I recieved an offensive holding penalty, which I guess automatically ends the game if done with no time or less then 10 seconds on the clock or something like that (which is real NFL rules)...so when you guys are kicking those last second field goals...maybe try and give yourself some extra time to try it again...or you will possibly get a very dissatisfying loss
This happened to me once where I was attempting an extra point and got called for holding 3x!!!!! I kicked the extra point that was about 35-40 yards out. I thought that was weird.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:50 AM   #3
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ch-thread.html

Already in there. Why make a new thread?

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 08-14-2009, 12:00 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ch-thread.html

Already in there. Why make a new thread?

my reasoning is clearly explained in my initial post...i wanted to warn that you may lose a game because of it...thats all buddy
Old 08-14-2009, 12:05 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5
Icon14 Re: Field goal holding warning

Quote:
my reasoning is clearly explained in my initial post...i wanted to warn that you may lose a game because of it...thats all buddy
Hopefully I'll be receiving this soon (thanks for sending it Wednesday morning Gamefly... ), and I just wanted to thank you for the thread. I don't want to go into the bug/glitch thread and wade through hundreds of complaints and problems before I get a chance to experience the game on my own. However, knowing about this one problem is certainly a big help if I were to get into that sort of situation. Thank you very much for the post!

-Justin
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 12:24 PM   #6
Banned

MacPlex's Arena

OVR: 14

Ive lost an online like this it sucks.After driving from my twenty I found myself in fg range. kicked right dwn the middle and lost because of holding. The 1st holding of the game. ugh
Old 08-14-2009, 12:26 PM   #7
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
I knew what you were talking about. I'm the one that put it in the bugs/glitches thread. I've had the game since Saturday so we are all aware of it. That's why I put it in there.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 08-14-2009, 12:37 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Dude...this EXACT same thing happened to me, same score and everything. I was Detroit playing offline vs New Orleans, waited til 2 seconds, and got the holding call. I was pretty upset, but it's nuts how you got the same exact thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »