Home

Madden 10 lacks one key Fundamental

This is a discussion on Madden 10 lacks one key Fundamental within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2009, 03:45 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Madden 10 lacks one key Fundamental

This what I am saying with link.This is the demo version that this guy is showing but this is the same problem that I am talking about that is in the final version also. Just start at the 1:35 mark.Bad video and commentary but you get the jest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2I_I...atch-main-area
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 04:04 PM   #42
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

i think this is exactly what the OP is talking about also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwgXh8PxRe8
Old 08-14-2009, 04:09 PM   #43
Rookie

Yes, that is a great example too.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:13 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 4

Even though you guys used the wrong guys videos, his point is right.

They need a new Physics Engine. That is the engine the game runs on. Euphoria of course developers have been saying is the most realistic. Look at GTA IV and Star Wars Forced Unleashed, and how the models react.

Havok seems like it be a good engine too.

The thing is Madden does not have a good PHYSICS engine.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:14 PM   #45
Pro

boooey's Arena

here is another one, this one is real bad too..

You know... i think if you are a casual gamer you may not even notice this stuff when playing, but once its pointed out to you, its something that really opens your eyes, and you realize that its pretty bad stuff..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xfJvkdiuGA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 11:46 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityChamp
I just got the game last night and I did some slider tweaks and I don't have these problems. I never expected to be able to play a sim game without tweaking the game first. Try some slider tweaks and other adjustments first. I follow football like a crazy person. I swear my hdtv is always on NFL Network. LOL! Anyway, I like sim ball as much as the next sim player and I think sim can be achieved. It also helps if you don't try to compare this to other games. It is what it is. As much as I love 2k5's presentation style, I believe the gameplay of Madden 10 is better than 2k5 and it should be.
There are no sliders to fix this issue I am talking about.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:08 PM   #47
Pro

Ankido's Arena

Pro Tak
The system is still a work in progress. Don't expect new features to work the first year. There will always be bugs and glitches that require a patch to fix. Some features may not be fixed with patches; that's something we have to accept.
NOT A GAME BREAKER

Madden Engine
Ian was absolutely right when he said multiple engines are being used for Madden. What he failed to say is, the Madden engine is out of date. This is the same company that took the year off during the first year of PS1 because they scrapped the first Madden and decided to work on a new one. Whatever engine 2K5 uses; that seemed to work for VC allowing them to have the best football simulation ever created. We're in 2009 and a 2005 title still remains to be the best looking football game to date.
Madden engine holding back on better animations and gameplay

QB Passing
Unless you play Tom Brady or Payton Manning, your quarterback accuracy will always be bad. Your timing will be off and most of your passes will wobble correct? WRONG. The tackling animation when engaging a quarterback is broken. If you watch carefuly, the animation starts early; so if your quarterback (regardless who it may be) he's going to throw a wobbly pass regardless if the defender is touching you. This is one of the biggest problems in M10; early animation starts.

Also, if you look at the pro tak system; you'll notice they start animations early and most of the time result in missed tackles.
Game Breaker

Blocking
I honestly don't want to go there because we all know the blocking scheme in Madden's been broken for years. Power run to the right, FB runs between the tackle. My FB decides to circle around the right side of the end and then go between the tackle to chase a linebacker to block. My HB was flattened in the backfield. You'll notice a lot of this happening when blockers decide to go on a Sunday stroll in la la land.
Game Breaker

There's a lot of ridiculousness going on in M10 that tackling is the least of our problems. I've created a video that is almost done which points out the good and the bad. Is the game still playable? I guess it is if you're playing online or with a friend. As for franchise and CPU; don't bother. I don't think those are problems EA can fix with a patch. It would be like starting all over with testing for another 6+ months.

I still think Madden is making good strides. Do we know these issues were brought up during testing? Did the developers ignore them because the deadline was met? Do they even care about simulation player vs cpu? I'll tell you one things for sure; EA Redwood's City HQ care about high quality games like Tiger Woods. I've seen those guys work their butts of morning till night testing and making sure it goes in to QA almost bug free. Maybe Madden needs to be developed at HQ and let the real testers deal with Madden.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:19 PM   #48
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I HATE watching Apex's videos. The man wants to babble forever while I stare at a frozen frame of the game. The guy just won't shut up.

And Ankido: I dunno what you're talking about with the QB accuracy. I'm able to throw the ball just fine with Kyle Orton.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »