Home

Bill Belichick general question

This is a discussion on Bill Belichick general question within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2009, 01:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Bill Belichick general question

Why is he the only coach not named in the game? Does it have to do with something like in MLB games were they are not apart of some union so you can't use their image/name?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 01:53 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Bill Belichick general question

He is the only coach not in the coaches association, and thus, cant use him.

But what I dont understand is why they cant at least make it look SOMETHING like him.

If EA would include an EDIT COACH option, where we could change names and what they look like, it wouldnt be an issue.

I dont get it. All I heard from EA was how they wanted to give the user control to customize they game how they want, but outside of sliders and mixing and matching unis (which really adds nothing), where is this awesome customization?
Old 08-14-2009, 01:53 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcdiddy16
Why is he the only coach not named in the game? Does it have to do with something like in MLB games were they are not apart of some union so you can't use their image/name?
Most likely. And that isn't even Bill Belichick either. It's some old grumpy looking man on the Patriot sidelines..lol
Old 08-14-2009, 01:54 PM   #4
I Drink Like A Champion!!

yankeesgiants's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcdiddy16
Pretty much. The coaches have there own association and he much like Bill parcells are part of it. It's by their own choice.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:58 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
He is the only coach not in the coaches association, and thus, cant use him.

But what I dont understand is why they cant at least make it look SOMETHING like him.

If EA would include an EDIT COACH option, where we could change names and what they look like, it wouldnt be an issue.

I dont get it. All I heard from EA was how they wanted to give the user control to customize they game how they want, but outside of sliders and mixing and matching unis (which really adds nothing), where is this awesome customization?
They can't do that either. Even if they don't actually call him by name in the game, if the image looks too much like the real person, they can still get in trouble. I think there is a big issue with a similar situation from former NCAA players suing EA because their in-game likeness too closely resembeled what they actually look like.

New York Giants- 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007.

PSN ID- matt8204
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 04:44 PM   #6
Rookie

NIUDAWG's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAzing87
Most likely. And that isn't even Bill Belichick either. It's some old grumpy looking man on the Patriot sidelines..lol
haha charlie weis hahaha jk IDK
Old 08-14-2009, 04:59 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

The reason why he's not in the game is b/c the NFL ruled that he can't be in anymore Madden games after Spygate. They didn't want his cheating to leave an impact on any of the young gamers.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:00 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

They have his last years Coach Stats. I don't think they've ever done that before. Maybe next year we can get a look alike. Or maybe even a fake picture. Just to put a face on him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »