Home

Get rid of Accelerated Clock Online**

This is a discussion on Get rid of Accelerated Clock Online** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2009, 02:51 PM   #25
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Get rid of Accelerated Clock Online**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
You're flat out wrong. Your players do not run in from the side line. That hasn't happened since Madden 93, I believe. When you go to the playbook, your guys are automatically in the huddle, waiting to break. You pick your play, and you're at the line with 35 seconds on the play clock.
I never said players run from the sidelines. I said that they break the huddle and walk to the LOS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 02:53 PM   #26
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
If u don't like it don't play ranked. It is that simple.
Thank you for that brilliant observation. What is your next pearl of wisdom? I can see it now. To all people that are starving, if you're stomach is empty, eat dirt lol.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:55 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrob
people like you will never be happy..because you can't cheese and glitch anymore...sorry glitcher...
What aspect of havcing time to make treads and adjustments makes me a cheeser/glitcher? Comments like this just re-enforce that ignorance is still bliss to most people. You don't know anything about me but make this assumption based on no facts or any real reason. You say SIM time at the LOS after the paly call is 25 secs...ok well another part of SIM is having toime to read the defense, adjust your formation and hot route. But I guess hiking the ball as quickly as possible is what the real SIM crowd is looking for, thats laughable. In 2k I've always had this time to make necessary adjustments to put my team in the best position to succed on any given play, when that adjustment time is taken a way it ties the users hands and isn't SIM at all and takes a very real aspect of the game aka football SIM out of the game. That to me sounds more like a cheeser/glitchers dream....lack of SIM that is.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:58 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
There are things that you can do in the game, ie hit a button to call a play, that happen a lot faster than it would take in the real world to call a play. I understand that fully. However, there are also things that happen in real life that happen faster than you can control in a game, ie substituting players and thinking about what play to run.

There are many people involved in real life. There is only one person involved in the game. The QB plays. While he is playing there are coaches thinking about what play to call next, who to sub in, etc... I can not look through plays, while I'm playing. I can't get subs ready, while the play is going on.

So yes, there are things that you can do more quickly, and there are things that take a whole team of players and coaches to do in 40secs. There is nothing wrong with the play clock actually being 40secs. again, if the plays are being called too quickly that is the user's doing. I do not get to the line with 30 or even 25secs left on the clock.

I understand trying to prevent people from abusing things in the game. What people need to understand is that you can not hurt parts of the game to try and control every single way that people can abuse the game. At some point, it has to be up to the user to just not abuse something.
when you put it this way...i definitely sympathize with you...but in my opinion it is worth it to take that out of the game so that people dont abuse...but i do get were you are coming from...you take your full time and you dont abuse it...you are the minority for sure, and thats not a bad thing at all, but glitchers ruined it for players like you...plain and simple
Old 08-14-2009, 02:59 PM   #29
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by s38s38s
What aspect of havcing time to make treads and adjustments makes me a cheeser/glitcher? Comments like this just re-enforce that ignorance is still bliss to most people. You don't know anything about me but make this assumption based on no facts or any real reason. You say SIM time at the LOS after the paly call is 25 secs...ok well another part of SIM is having toime to read the defense, adjust your formation and hot route. But I guess hiking the ball as quickly as possible is what the real SIM crowd is looking for, thats laughable. In 2k I've always had this time to make necessary adjustments to put my team in the best position to succed on any given play, when that adjustment time is taken a way it ties the users hands and isn't SIM at all and takes a very real aspect of the game aka football SIM out of the game. That to me sounds more like a cheeser/glitchers dream....lack of SIM that is.
No QB in the league gets 30 seconds to adjust at the line. Most of the time, they have roughly 15 seconds to make their reads, call out any audibles, set motion, etc. If you want 30 seconds to stare at your play overlay and study the field, that's fine. But do it offline.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:01 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by s38s38s
You don't know anything about me but make this assumption based on no facts or any real reason.
How bout the fact that you and you buddy LankyLegs were freezing people in ranked matches in APF 2k8. Hows that for a reason?
Old 08-14-2009, 03:05 PM   #31
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeroyjenkyns
How bout the fact that you and you buddy LankyLegs were freezing people in ranked matches in APF 2k8. Hows that for a reason?
Oooh, snap, Leeeerooooy goes charging in!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 03:10 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
No QB in the league gets 30 seconds to adjust at the line. Most of the time, they have roughly 15 seconds to make their reads, call out any audibles, set motion, etc. If you want 30 seconds to stare at your play overlay and study the field, that's fine. But do it offline.
Again who said anything about arriving at the LOS with 30-35 seconds? If the playclock is default 40-15 I'm down to 25 automatically, and thats without even looking through formations making a decision or even locating a play. So now I'm at the line with ten seconds and not much time to do anything. Care to explain how that works IRL.As to leeroy you're known cheese, running the same recycled PA-RO all game and the same recycled defense, your comments mean nothing to me. "IF" I could freeze or anyone for that matter do you think they'd have losses? I thought so enough said appreciate the E-stalk....btw that comment you made deserves a BIG "CHI PLEASE"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »