Home

Injured reserve is still broken? Really?

This is a discussion on Injured reserve is still broken? Really? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2009, 04:44 PM   #17
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Injured reserve is still broken? Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Dude, THAT IS BROKEN!!!

It's designed WRONG!!!

It's like buying a cheese grater that plays mp3's!!!
dont see how this have to do with anything....

1. Its designed to free up CAP room which it does which mean its not broken

2. Its designed wrong..True, but the real IR wont get in untill the roster size is bigger......Hows is that the definition of "Broken"
Old 08-14-2009, 04:47 PM   #18
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
dont see how this have to do with anything....

1. Its designed to free up CAP room which it does which mean its not broken

2. Its designed wrong..True, but the real IR wont get in untill the roster size is bigger......Hows is that the definition of "Broken"
Yeah, that was a ridiculous analogy. I apologize for that.

The gist of it is that IR is programmed to do something wrong. I don't know why it was not a priority to fix.

As mentioned, it has a trickle down effect. You might as well be playing on arcade mode. If you are essentially playing arcade mode, free agency is exponentially easy for the user, since you are basically signing approximately 22 players with no regard to depth.

It kills franchise mode.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:47 PM   #19
Rookie

TheFuture94's Arena

OVR: 5

This needs to be fixed in patch 1.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:50 PM   #20
Banned

sois's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture94
This needs to be fixed in patch 1.
Probably not going to happen. Jukeman is right. It's built on a foundation with an incredible lack of foresight. Whoever was in charge of the roster capacity and design boned us severely.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:53 PM   #21
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Yeah, that was a ridiculous analogy. I apologize for that.

The gist of it is that IR is programmed to do something wrong. I don't know why it was not a priority to fix.

As mentioned, it has a trickle down effect. You might as well be playing on arcade mode. If you are essentially playing arcade mode, free agency is exponentially easy for the user, since you are basically signing approximately 22 players with no regard to depth.

It kills franchise mode.
yea I agree,

And its not like they are unaware of these things, they are basically cleaning up a mess of a game....

They brought in Josh Looma. Who worked on HC09 which had the real IR and a roster size of 75 I beleive....I know some guys are tired of "wait till next year" but atleast now we are actually makung progress....The game is called Madden NFL 10 but to me its just the beginning....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 04:59 PM   #22
Banned

sois's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
yea I agree,

And its not like they are unaware of these things, they are basically cleaning up a mess of a game....

They brought in Josh Looma. Who worked on HC09 which had the real IR and a roster size of 75 I beleive....I know some guys are tired of "wait till next year" but atleast now we are actually makung progress....The game is called Madden NFL 10 but to me its just the beginning....
I'm just extremely disappointed this wasn't a priority. Kills franchise mode entirely.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:28 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
I've heard that for years. It's always next year. It might just be easier to get the NFL to change their rules to do what Madden does.

That is the quote of the year!
Old 08-18-2009, 04:43 PM   #24
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

I searched for this thread because I had not found the answer yet. So, they set the roster to 54 spots maximum, which means there can't be an I.R. because that would mean you have more than 54 guys on your "roster"?

Why is that a problem? Once you IR someone, they're done for the year in the NFL, correct? So, why can't they just have it so that you have 54+ guys on your team heading into the next season, but if you have too many, you need to cut it down before the new season begins? How is that any different than the "Cut Players" feature in NCAA, where you may recruit enough guys to have more than the 70 you're allowed to have, and need to make cuts?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »