Home

Madden10 (and possibly 11). As good as it gets?

This is a discussion on Madden10 (and possibly 11). As good as it gets? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2009, 07:40 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 8
Madden10 (and possibly 11). As good as it gets?

All of us have had our eyes on the "new philosophy" of Madden this year, and it seems asthough the devs have done a great job improving on Madden 09. In the end, however, the goal of game development is to maximize sales. While the general consensus here is that the game is doing a better job of simulating NFL football Operation Sports is not the center of the universe. Do any of you fear that customer feedback may force EA to abandon this new philosophy and go back to what made many of us hate past efforts?

The reviews for this year's game are already lower than 09.

What happens when people get upset that they can't run backwards with their QB 7 yards and throw a 50 yard rope off of their back foot to their fastest reciever who beats the DB down the field every time?

What happens when an overwhelming amount of people complain that the game is too slow?

What happens when people complain that they can't get 7 sacks per game with their DE?

I hope this isn't the case, but I have an eerie feeling that things could work out this way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 07:42 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Madden10 (and possibly 11). As good as it gets?

I think this years is by far the best Madden ever. Only thing i want fixxed is some better sounding comentary and the Extra point speech is wierd but i LOVE the fact they added it. Its a great feature and i hope they keep it.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:44 PM   #3
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

your really spending way too much time thinking about this..
Old 08-14-2009, 07:47 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 13

There are still a ton of things wrong with this game.

Its very fun, but there is alot of room for improvement. If it doesnt make another huge jump from 10 to 11, EA has no one to blame but themselves.

You cant please everyone, and EA shouldnt try. All they need to do is focusing on making a quality football sim that plays as close to real life as possible.

There will always be problems...it will never be absolutely perfect, but there is so much room for this game to get better. Hopefully, Ian and co. keep listening and we see another huge leap next year.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:48 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

So are you saying this game isn't worth it and I should wait another year??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 07:50 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Slaton #1 Fan
So are you saying this game isn't worth it and I should wait another year??
Its fun, but its far from perfect.

It varies from person to person. If you can overlook some of its shortcomings, you will enjoy it. If you cant...wait till next year.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:56 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 21

I think Ian made it very clear, this is the limits (animation wise) of the engine. The game is still not fluid, transitions of animations are very rough. One animation for a over head catch not in the endzone is not excusable, sorry.

Based on the reviews (which EA more than cares about because they effect sales down the road), this is not a good year.

Seems like the game reviews that once turned a blind eye (or maybe didn't play enough) are no longer willing to give a free pass on game issues.

The end result was a bunch of hype that lead a more polished game, with the same issues from years prior. That leaves no hope for them being fixed with a patch, only minimized. Right now we are staring down the barrel of another dull year of football. Games that all feel the same with a group of static feeling players. Not to mention fundamental football still isnt being expressed. If you cant get the fundamentals down, then nothing else matters, its broken.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:56 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 15

I personally love the game. I'm a diehard stats and offseason guy myself and I played the hell out of NFL Head Coach 09. What a great game!

With that being said Madden 10 is pretty good. There are some issues like:

1. Not enough instant replays especially during TD's.
2. Morphing is happening quite a bit, but mostly when a QB throws the ball and it goes throw a player's hands. You can literally see the ball morph through their hands. This really needs to be fixed in the 1st patch if possible.
3. Holding calls on PAT's and FG's.

Other than some other tweaks to pass rush and run blocking...it's a pretty solid title and EA has done a marvelous job!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »