Home

The halftime show actually isn't that bad.

This is a discussion on The halftime show actually isn't that bad. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2009, 07:29 PM   #33
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: The halftime show actually isn't that bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil jon
i don't follow you around so i can be off, but every post i see of yours is negative..why hang around a games forum you don't care for? is their anything about the game you like?
They're not all negative. I like the NFL and video games. Where else am I going to go?
Old 08-15-2009, 07:30 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil jon
i don't follow you around so i can be off, but every post i see of yours is negative..why hang around a games forum you don't care for? is their anything about the game you like?
Well, I think sois is just really critical and I respect his posts because they are more thruth then bashing.

I really belive he cares about Madden...he just points out things that could/should be better.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:32 PM   #35
Banned

sois's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadox
Well, I think sois is just really critical and I respect his posts because they are more thruth then bashing.

I really belive he cares about Madden...he just points out things that could/should be better.
I want to love Madden so bad. I have battered wife syndrome for this game.

I just am not the demographic they seem to care about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 07:37 PM   #36
Rookie

I feel you man....I have this with Fifa (as Soccer is my Nr1 sport [quite traditionally due to my location ]).

The main problem is, that there are less people that care about a perfect sim, then people who just want to have a descent looking,easy and simply fun to play game.

And knowing this fact, I really appreciate Ian's approach to give us at least the tools (sliders) to take care of some "sim problems" for our own. And it's the first year of the new team...just like Apex (or however he is called) said..."it's definatly a step in the right direction".
Old 08-15-2009, 07:38 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 15

If the devs would patch in playbyplay commentary during highlights, it would greatly improve the halftime show/end of game show.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:41 PM   #38
Banned

sois's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadox
I feel you man....I have this with Fifa (as Soccer is my Nr1 sport [quite traditionally due to my location ]).

The main problem is, that there are less people that care about a perfect sim, then people who just want to have a descent looking,easy and simply fun to play game.

And knowing this fact, I really appreciate Ian's approach to give us at least the tools (sliders) to take care of some "sim problems" for our own. And it's the first year of the new team...just like Apex (or however he is called) said..."it's definatly a step in the right direction".
I like the steps in the right direction, but I also wish they would release complete features. It feels like I've been paying full price for beta games. It feels like ADD development.

However, I'm not a picky guy. I can look past all the gameplay/presentation/bugs if they fix the injured reserve. That's the only thing I can't stand anymore.

PS You won't see me much anymore, I've been on nonstop all week since my wife was out of town, she returns today
Old 08-15-2009, 07:41 PM   #39
Rookie

I would also love, if they would use the backtracker during halftime instead of directly after the play, but that would be a change in the mechanic...and I am already happy that it works this year
Old 08-15-2009, 07:45 PM   #40
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12

They are first-year implementations so I take them with a grain of salt. Neither of them is innovative or stellar, but they are a good direction. My biggest gripe is how shallow the shows are--very superficial. I suppose that makes sense given it was just added this year.

Hopefully it gets help next year. The voice acting is blah and along with much of the commentary of the game, it needs a lot of polish (although overhauled would be a better term).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »