Home

Transferring saved files between system work-around?

This is a discussion on Transferring saved files between system work-around? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2009, 12:21 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Transferring saved files between system work-around?

So, my brother and I like to run a franchise with each having our own team. We always play our game, save to a memory card, give the file to the other for their turn. The last couple of years, the only way to do this is to exit out of your profile on your system, load a bogus profile before saving it to the card. Them, when you get the card, you load the bogus profile, load the saved franchise file and then load your real profile back and again and play.

So, my brother and start up a franchise tonight, go through fixing up our teams, simming the first season (like we normally do with a new 'chise), go through ALL of the next offseason. We spend probably 3-4 hours doing all of this. So, he goes to save the file like we've normally done the last couple of years and, BAM, we get a "you can not save a franchise created by another profile" error. WTF?

We exit out to the dashboard to see if we can just copy the file over to the card. Again, "This file can not be transferred between two profiles."

He saves it with his profile for the off chance it will just load OK on my system, but nada. I can't load or copy it to my system.

Anyone know of a work around, especially one that will help our current situation without having to start completely over? This is incredibly frustrating. We don't have an issue like this with any other game or franchise (ie: NBA2K) but, at least, we were still able to work around it previously. Why the hell did they change it up this year?

If there is no work-around, we feel like we just completely wasted all that time and investment in the moves we made and players we drafted, etc.

Any and all info would be GREATLY appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 10:29 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Transferring saved files between system work-around?

Bumping since I posted late last night and hoping someone might know something today.

Again, thanks
Old 08-15-2009, 10:43 AM   #3
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Which system?

I'm thinking your best option is a shared profile and not caring about achievements/trophies, assuming of course that you both have online access.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:48 AM   #4
Rookie

Yea sorry, it's for 360.

We had to share a secondary XBOX profile just for Madden the last couple of years, but it at least allowed us to save the existing file, created and/or saved by one of our real profiles, with that "Madden" one.

I'm thinking now we almost have to create the franchise over again from scratch using the alternate profile. It's just frustrating because we invested all that time with it last night.

Are there any other games with this issue of sharing files between profiles? As I said, I've never run into it other than Madden the last few years. I don't understand why they would allow multi-user franchises, but made it almost impossible to share the file between the different users.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:59 AM   #5
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogrod
Yea sorry, it's for 360.

We had to share a secondary XBOX profile just for Madden the last couple of years, but it at least allowed us to save the existing file, created and/or saved by one of our real profiles, with that "Madden" one.

I'm thinking now we almost have to create the franchise over again from scratch using the alternate profile. It's just frustrating because we invested all that time with it last night.

Are there any other games with this issue of sharing files between profiles? As I said, I've never run into it other than Madden the last few years. I don't understand why they would allow multi-user franchises, but made it almost impossible to share the file between the different users.
I think there's a few games that don't allow it actually. Maybe not sports stuff, but games where you need to get achievements to unlock stuff. I know I've seen complaints before about not being able to download other people's "unlock all" save games and that sort of thing.

I'd guess it finally hit Madden this year because of the stupid pay-for-cheat franchise DLC. MS & EA don't want you using their stupid cheat codes without paying for them.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »