Home

Amazing Draft...(Insane Sleeper QB)

This is a discussion on Amazing Draft...(Insane Sleeper QB) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 08:03 PM   #105
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Amazing Draft...(Insane Sleeper QB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauxman
Not when it happens every single year, year after year.

95% of the guys in the 7th round should be 65 or less. Players in the draft are way too good.
I gotta say I have not seen what you have seen. The players are not too good. I have dobne many mock drafts just messing around and I have had a lot of guys come in the 50's, 60's and even 40's. It's not so easy as people have made it seem. Obviously if you know the names of the guys to look for it can get easy, but other than that it has been very good. It's so much better than past years I tend to be optimistic rather than pessimistic about the improvements this year. Maybe if people did the same they would enjoy the good job EA did.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:09 PM   #106
Rookie

ocho cuatro's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23
I gotta say I have not seen what you have seen. The players are not too good. I have dobne many mock drafts just messing around and I have had a lot of guys come in the 50's, 60's and even 40's. It's not so easy as people have made it seem. Obviously if you know the names of the guys to look for it can get easy, but other than that it has been very good. It's so much better than past years I tend to be optimistic rather than pessimistic about the improvements this year. Maybe if people did the same they would enjoy the good job EA did.
Totally agree. Maybe I'm an idiot, but I scouted my last draft class extensively, and ended up with several guys rated in the 50's and 40's with my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rd picks.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:02 PM   #107
Rookie

fahrenheit's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperChargers
No way you got that legit. If you did, kudos. 1 thing though, there is always an A potential fullback every year, am I right?
Well I guess that depends on what you mean legit.
Before the draft I checked my scouting and wrote down the top 10 players listed by potential, they all happened to be either in the second round or later and I lucked out in that I was able to get them all.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:22 PM   #108
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauxman
Because I can always draft 70+ players in the 7th round, which is BS. New ratings system my ***. The drafts are too good.
Actually they're pretty great, there are a ton of busts so it evens out. The Rookies in the first year (Stafford, Crabtree, etc) are all higher rated than the generated ones.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:44 PM   #109
Rookie

KingsRock91's Arena

OVR: 6

I've looked all over the place for draft projections before the draft... do those exist or am I insane for looking for them?
Old 08-18-2009, 03:46 PM   #110
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Don't exist.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »