Home

Amazing Draft...(Insane Sleeper QB)

This is a discussion on Amazing Draft...(Insane Sleeper QB) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2009, 04:24 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Amazing Draft...(Insane Sleeper QB)

what's the QB's name? i'd like to try to draft him in my franchise.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:29 PM   #34
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

+1,000,000

This...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23
I'm not sure how he pulled it off really. I simmed a bunch yesterday and after scouting my drafts weren't as good as his. Lots of busts, and gems in later rounds. It's not as easy as he made it seem
and this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
Yeah. Hell, my "safe" pick in the first round was a total bust. He's a LG with F potential. This guy must have gotten insanely lucky. I followed my gut and gambled on some risky prospects that payed. You can get starters from the later rounds, but you're much more likely to find roster fillers.
The conclusions that have been jumped to in this thread are ridiculous. One thread talking about a sick draft class =/= "OMG the draft classes are total failures and scouting works too well."

It equals exactly what the OP said it was, a (singular) sick draft class. Not several ridiculous draft classes for 3 straight years.

Stop the assumptions folks, it's really foolish.

Last edited by nuckles2k2; 08-15-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:30 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrobat
what's the QB's name? i'd like to try to draft him in my franchise.
I dunno if it's the same guy, but I drafted a QB late in the fourth or fifth(I'd check but they left the feature out like dickwads) and he is an A potential who is an 86 two years exp named Creo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 04:33 PM   #36
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

Scouting tips? Tips on what to look for when drafting?
Old 08-15-2009, 04:36 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
1st Rd #17 TE (82 OVR) "A" Potential

6'4" 240
88 SPD
87 AGI
88 ACC
85 TRK
85 CAR
75 CTH
86 CIT
92 JMP

Beast of a receiver at tight end, average blocker but that will probably improve. Very happy with him as my first round pick. Basically Vernon Davis but better.

2nd Rd #7 QB (77 OVR) "A" Potential

6'1" 222
85 SPD
92 AGI
89 ACC
88 TRK
85 ELU
91 SPM
86 JKM
81 CAR
92 THP
84 THA
69 SAC
71 MAC
82 DAC
88 RUN

"The" QB of all time. He has an 88 Trucking! Seriously, look at those attributes and tell me you wouldn't want him as your franchise QB. Only thing he's weak on is this throwing short and mid, but those will improve in a year or two. (Best draft pick I've ever had in a Madden game).

2nd Rd #17 WR (79 OVR) "A" Potential

6'1" 200
94 SPD
93 AGI
97 ACC
91 TRK
85 ELU
88 SPM
75 JKM
85 CAR
91 CIT
92 SPC
97 JMP
86 RET

Anquan Boldin + Calvin Johnson = this guy. 91 Trucking is ridiculous for a wideout and then look at his jumping and his catch in traffic. Will probably be best wideout in the league in 3 years.

2nd Rd #28 LG (84 OVR) "A" Potential

6'4" 290
97 STR
88 IBL
82 PBK
88 RBK
97 RBS
97 PBS

Absolute Mauler at left guard, attributes say it all.

3rd Rd #17 C (82 OVR) "A" Potential

6'3" 295
94 STR
84 IBL
86 PBK
85 RBK
93 RBS
94 PBS

Will look really good lining up to my new LG from late in the second round.

3rd Rd #28 FB (81 OVR) "A" Potential

6'0" 247
80 SPD
95 AGI
94 ACC
95 TRK
80 ELU
88 SPM
86 JKM
81 CAR
80 CTH

My favorite pick, I love using fullbacks and this guy does it all. He will be a pro bowler for my team for the next 10 years.

5th Rd #28 K (79 OVR) "A" Potential

Kicker for the next 15 years.

5th Rd #32 RG (76 OVR) "C" Potential

Solid backup RG.

6th Rd #32 RT (79 OVR) "B" Potential

Great Value pick in the 6th round. Will replace Vernon Carey in 5 years.

7th Rd #17 WR (78 OVR) "B" Potential

Nice sleeper, maybe future slot receiver.

* Names are not listed in case anyone has the same draft class... (Wouldn't want to spoil the great surprises!)

P.S. Anybody else have this draft yet? It's insane!

Did you purposely make your post impossible to read or is it my forum theme?
Old 08-15-2009, 04:47 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
I have a question about scouting...so we get 18 players to scout for the year, correct? Does it matter when you scout them? Meaning, should I only be scouting two or three per week, because you can start in week 1.

Should I scout all 18 in week 1?

And can I scout all 18 in week 1, and then take away scouting from one player and transfer it over to another player in week 5?

Curious how this all works.

Thanks.
The number of players you can scout per week depends on your scouting agency. In my first year I could scout 19 per week, but in the offseason I had the option to pick from 4 scouting agencies that allowed me anywhere from 18-24 per week. Also, these scouting agencies varied in "experience", which I'm guessing means they differ in the accuracy of their scouting reports.

Anyway, in your case, you can scout 18 players every week. If you decide you want to switch one player and scout another - say you got a report saying WR X has 55 catching, so you want to scout a different WR next week - you can do that. You can scout each player a maximum of 6 weeks before they stop giving you info on that player (or at least that's the number with my scouting agency, not sure if it differs with others).

I agree that scouting could be easy if you master it. I think the problem is that during scouting, players are sorted by their potential rating. This means, you already know the potential of theses players going in. And then, when you get to the draft screen, some guys that you remembered had the best potential at their position will be projected 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th round picks. Obviously these guys are almost always going to be gems. And you know who the busts are too...they're the ones that had low potential ratings that are projected in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd round.

The way to fix this is to not give away the potential ratings of all players. Make us scout them to get their potential, and sort them by something else...maybe "Mel Kiper's rankings" or just a generic "draft analyst rankings". These guys rarely know who the gems and busts are, and are frequently wrong with their projections. This would make scouting more difficult.

EDIT - I just thought that I should also note that in my first draft, I was able to nab a 84 OVR RT with A POT with pick 28, a 81 OVR WR with A POT with pick 60, and a 77 OVR WR with B POT in the 6th.

Last edited by shortnproud52; 08-15-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:19 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
Man. This thread has completely shattered my confidence. I thought I was the bee's knees for drafting 2 As and a B one year, but TC drafted half a dozen As and starters all through the second round.
Hmm.. just to clear things up.

Would you like to be able to draft half a dozen A's and starters all through the 2nd round? To me it seems weird that anyone would even hope to be able to do this.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:30 PM   #40
Rookie

PuddleMonkey's Arena

OVR: 6

I drafted a kicker last night, 27 overall F potential LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »