Home

Amazing Draft...(Insane Sleeper QB)

This is a discussion on Amazing Draft...(Insane Sleeper QB) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2009, 08:25 PM   #49
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Amazing Draft...(Insane Sleeper QB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey
I drafted a kicker last night, 27 overall F potential LOL
Old 08-15-2009, 08:34 PM   #50
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrobat
what's the QB's name? i'd like to try to draft him in my franchise.
If you want to know, Private Message.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #51
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehitokiri
Yo ive been reading this guy's teambuilder threads and let me tell you he talks like he is some kind of franchise expert ... Yo if you are from miami eres tremendo come pinga brother !!!! Escribes mas mierda que cualquiera en este forum. Back to the topic I have 5 draft classes from NCAA and let me tell you the ratings are ramdon. I hate the fact that at least 10 of the guys that left UM after the first year were rated above 90 and only 3 come out in the draft class. I uploaded the draft class again and 4 came out this time. One of my players that declared himself elegible for the draft early in my NCAA franchise didnt even come out.... This pisses me off for real .... Colt Mcoy was a 59 in my draft class and his potential was a D !! insane !!!
I'm all about franchises, I keep notebooks and everything. I'm going to school to hopefully become a GM (sports management is my major) and this is fun practice. Basketball is more fun though, the salary cap is much more challenging and requires fewer mistakes because contracts are guaranteed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 08:40 PM   #52
Dirty- Never Clean

DIRTYSTEVE's Arena

OVR: 3

What is a Head Coach player? Is that like Raheem Morris liking Josh Freeman when he coached at K state?
Old 08-15-2009, 08:41 PM   #53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
I like the 32 draft idea. I'm not gonna read any more draft threads because of this.

In my opinion the OP simmed the draft, looked at who was what, and then did it over.
+1 to you stewaat. Agree completely. It's too easy to "cheat" the system.

To OP: Sorry dude, not buyin it. I've done 3 drafts already and even when you scout the full 6 weeks plus look at attributes in the draft...I've had many busts that looked like they were going to be A or B potential grades, and came out C because of other attributes you DONT get to see that bring it down.

Last edited by joejccva71; 08-15-2009 at 08:43 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:44 PM   #54
Fox
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRTYSTEVE
What is a Head Coach player? Is that like Raheem Morris liking Josh Freeman when he coached at K state?
It's a player carried over from the Head Coach 09 handmade classes.

If you're joking, kudos. XD
Old 08-15-2009, 08:48 PM   #55
Dirty- Never Clean

DIRTYSTEVE's Arena

Not joking, I am clueless. So, you can make draft classes in head coach 09? Is there an FAQ where I can get brought up to speed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 08:56 PM   #56
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
+1 to you stewaat. Agree completely. It's too easy to "cheat" the system.

To OP: Sorry dude, not buyin it. I've done 3 drafts already and even when you scout the full 6 weeks plus look at attributes in the draft...I've had many busts that looked like they were going to be A or B potential grades, and came out C because of other attributes you DONT get to see that bring it down.
You don't draft on potential (although it does help to know), you draft depending on how the graph is filled (you know the one that shows the players strenghts). The best overall graphs are the best players. Take WR for example, you don't draft a WR that has maxed speed ratings, you take the one with the more filled out graph.

Tight End was the best on the board, obvious #1 pick for me.

Quarterback I admit was complete luck because I had targeted a running back to backup Ronnie Brown and run the Wildcat sweep, but he was taken off the board and this QB's speed looked good so I took him.

Wide Receiver complete luck again because he was my 2nd choice and I had actually not scouted him at all, but the number 1 guy was gone, but he had the most filled graph.

Left Guard had his graph completely filled so I knew I could switch him to Right Guard to upgrade over Donald Thomas.

Center had his graph filled so I took him.

Fullback had his trucking maxed and I'm all about running with the fullback.

Kicker had the kicking part of his graph almost maxed.

Other guys were guys I drafted completely by graphs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »