Home

Drafting well in the late rounds

This is a discussion on Drafting well in the late rounds within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2009, 01:42 PM   #1
Pro

nyqua's Arena

OVR: 6
Drafting well in the late rounds

If you can draft well in the late rounds, you're franchise team will be set. Just sign those late round guys to min. contracts for 7 years. If they come in around 70+ overall, you're set with a young guy until he's near 30. This has worked awesomely for me so far in my chise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 01:46 PM   #2
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Drafting well in the late rounds

Me to, late 2nd round to 7th round picks are gold. Check out my thread that says "Awesome Draft... (Insane Sleeper QB)". I have all those 10 picks signed to 7 year deals.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:48 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 13

Thats completely unrealistic to sign a player that late in the draft for 7 years.

Im a sim player and play the game as true to the real NFL as possible....not a kid trying to put together some team that cant be beaten.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:53 PM   #4
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
Thats completely unrealistic to sign a player that late in the draft for 7 years.

Im a sim player and play the game as true to the real NFL as possible....not a kid trying to put together some team that cant be beaten.
I have to agree.

Old 08-15-2009, 01:58 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:

Agreed, rookies are insane. It seems like I get better players out of the 5-7th rounds than I do in the 1st-3rds. Players with more Awareness than almost all NFL players. Wtf?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 02:04 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:

This

I would like to bring up the fact that you are better off trading your first round pick for three later round picks though. The money you pay in the first is not worth what you can find in the later rounds. Because you dont spend as much in the first round then you can use that extra money to keep a couple of those rookies that may be gems later on when their rookie contracts are up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »