Home

3-4....NOBODY gets sacks, NEEDS FIXED!!!!

This is a discussion on 3-4....NOBODY gets sacks, NEEDS FIXED!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2009, 04:21 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: EA needs to fix the 3-4 Defense!!!

This whole thread echoes what I've been wanting forever. I agree with the OP completely and several other of the posters. I've only played like 4 or 5 games, and 4 of them with the Steelers 3-4. I noticed that Aaron Smith was the main guy getting pressure for me and that my D-line was getting the tackles. The game treats the 3-4 exactly like a 4-3 and it's ridiculous.

The last game I played (Steelers at Broncos) this issue was very evident. I hadn't seen this thread yet, and jotted down the stats, then came on here to try and find a thread about this.

My leading tackler was Casey Hampton with 9 solo tackles, 2 ast, 3 tfl, and a sack. Aaron Smith had 4 tackles and a sack. Kiesel had 3 tackles.

Meanwhile my 4 starting LBs had only 6 solo tackles, 15 assists, and 3 tfl collectively and the OLBs never really seemed to help get pressure on my numerous blitzes. Harrison almost seemed useless when trying to blitz with him.

I love the 3-4 and hate how this wasn't a priority.

I have strongly advocated separate depth charts for the 4-3 and 3-4, and also the different positions for DT, NT, and the DEs/LBs of the schemes for quite some time. I also like the idea of tweener positions and stuff (also for the DBs and stuff that was discussed). And having the blocking schemes work correctly for the different defenses and players is also paramount. Those things would improve this game infinitely for me.

These problems make teams like the Steelers lose their identity. By the games I've played, you'd think Aaron Smith and Casey Hampton were Osi and Tuck instead of the dominating 3-4 linemen they truly are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 05:07 AM   #26
All Star

OVR: 33

They sure do.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:14 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

This thread made me create an account for OS. because I agree 100% with what you guys are saying
Old 08-16-2009, 10:04 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 6

I don't like bumping threads but i will for this one in hopes that someone out there that uses the 3-4 can provide honest tips on how they get sacks.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:37 AM   #29
Pro

OVR: 10

I played a guy yesterday that completely destroyed me with a 3-4 scheme. So since this is a copy cat league I tried it with the Panthers and had pretty good success with it. I would loop Peppers thru a gap in the line sometimes and sometimes I would speed rush from the outside if the linebacker was taking the gap. I come out with about 3 or 4 sacks per game but you know sacks aren't everything...getting pressure and causing bad throws lead to turnovers. I'm going to practice a few more 3-4 schemes today. The difference is I'm playing online against human opponents so I'm sure it makes a difference when playing against the cpu. I think the key to using a 3-4 scheme is finding the gap in the line when using a dlineman or sometimes using your dlineman to occupy the olineman to free up your blitzing LB from the outside.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:32 PM   #30
Rookie

imskykid's Arena

OVR: 3

Keep in mind that while these changes would most definately help the user, the major impact this will have is on CPU controlled teams in the offseason/draft. We can pretty much do all these things right now by switching player's positions and drafting for scheme, but there's nothing in place that tells the CPU to do that.

Also, if you read this and feel strongly about it as a lot of you do, PLEASE reply to this post. The only way we will get EA's attention is if this generates some buzz. If they see a thread that doesn't have many posts then they wont be as inclined to see it. If they know the majority of us are passionate about it, they will have to listen.

They've been doing a good job at being active in the community and this years game is a huge improvement from last years... but that just shows us how much they are capable of accomplishing in a year and that they are serious about making this the best football game it can be.

Tell your friends!
Old 08-16-2009, 12:36 PM   #31
Banned

PodSquad's Arena

OVR: 8

God, this pisses me off. The 3-4 is a staple of the league! Some of the best defenses in the NFL use it, and its down right broken in Madden. Get some football people to work on this game, and can the computer nerds. Please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 12:49 PM   #32
Rookie

OBBcandyman's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by imskykid
Keep in mind that while these changes would most definately help the user, the major impact this will have is on CPU controlled teams in the offseason/draft. We can pretty much do all these things right now by switching player's positions and drafting for scheme, but there's nothing in place that tells the CPU to do that.

Also, if you read this and feel strongly about it as a lot of you do, PLEASE reply to this post. The only way we will get EA's attention is if this generates some buzz. If they see a thread that doesn't have many posts then they wont be as inclined to see it. If they know the majority of us are passionate about it, they will have to listen.

They've been doing a good job at being active in the community and this years game is a huge improvement from last years... but that just shows us how much they are capable of accomplishing in a year and that they are serious about making this the best football game it can be.

Tell your friends!
This is a major gameplay problem that has been in madden for as long as i can remember. It's important for EA to fix this issue as it will bring a whole new element to running your defense. I agree with you that more people need to give their opinions in this thread so this problem can be put into the light

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »