Home

3-4....NOBODY gets sacks, NEEDS FIXED!!!!

This is a discussion on 3-4....NOBODY gets sacks, NEEDS FIXED!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2009, 05:18 PM   #65
Banned

PodSquad's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: 3-4....NOBODY gets sacks, NEEDS FIXED!!!!

So sad that this game turns the absolute man-beast Demarcus Ware into just an average joe because Ian and co. dont understand football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 05:22 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSquad
So sad that this game turns the absolute man-beast Demarcus Ware into just an average joe because Ian and co. dont understand football.
Dude, I do agree that they dont really know much about football, but I think this issue has more to do with a programming error. Ware is still a beast in the game, its just sim stats and ridiculous in game faults ("Robo Blocking" as I like to call it, and wounded ducks) dont really show off what a monster pass rusher he is.

Ware is still awesome in the game though against the run and in coverage.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:23 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 21

ya its definately something that needs fixed, b/c HUGE IMPACT PLAYERS like harrison and ware are just kinda wiped off the map for CPU teams.
******** src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript">******** src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript">
Old 08-16-2009, 05:24 PM   #68
Rookie

imskykid's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: EA needs to fix the 3-4 Defense!!!

Good news for those of us who'd really like to see this changed!

Ian acknowledged receipt of the link I sent him of the discussion on the EA Forums via Twitter:

"ian_cummings@I_HATE_TWITT3R thx for the link."

He either responded because A.) He's thinks it's a valid topic and is interested in our ideas about how to fix it or B.) He's sick of me badgering him! haha
Old 08-16-2009, 05:25 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 29

I have been getting 3-10 sacks in the first 7 games of my Browns Franchise in 3-4 Defense.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:54 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

Merged the 3-4 threads.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:06 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 7

I gave up on the 3-4 for now, unless there is a patch for it. I put the Cowboys as a 4-3 now..

My oh my...Ware definitely shows off his "monster pass rush" in the 4-3. I have no idea what the difference is programming wise, but my D.Ware is now averaging 2-3 sacks per game as a DE compared to ZIP in the 3-4.

I can live with this for now, but I'd like to go back to 3-4 sometime.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 06:17 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 1

I brought this problem up before but my thread was locked up b/c i wrote Ian please fix this but this is what i think is wrong.

When you go to your scheme in franchise mode and scroll to the OLB position the only two tendencies for the OLB are to be coverage or run stop, and the DE are the ones that have the pass rush tendency. To me that is problem, whether you have a 3-4 or 4-3 selected it the OLB and DE tendencies don't change.

Basically when you are running a 3-4 in madden franchise and sim some games, you can't have a pass rushing OLB because of that slider under your schemes, go check it out

I think this needs to be addressed in the next patch as well as depth chart for 3-4 and 4-3. Just my opinion i could be wrong

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »