Home

Madden 10 PSP Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden 10 PSP Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2009, 05:11 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Madden 10 PSP Impressions

So I just got done playing some Madden 10 on the PSP. This is the first time I've played Madden on the PSP and I've gotta say I'm pretty impressed. The gameplay is really good, I would dare to say that, in my own opinion and the way I like to play the game, it might be better gameplay than the PS3/360 gameplay. For a couple of reasons and one big reason and that is the line blocking is SO MUCH BETTER! On pitches when the lineman are pulling they actually run up the field and block guys. The DB/WR play seems smoother, along with animations. Gameplay just seems smoother all together, it's not clunky or jerky. Sometimes I feel that Madden on the PS3/360 feels a bit clunky simply because my guys get locked in animations. For instance, when I'm a defensive player alot of times when I rush the QB, I will get pushed my an OL player and my guy will stumble for like 5 yards and I get locked in that animation (this is just one example), but they doesn't seem to happen on the PSP.

Also I played someone online and the game was extremely smooth! No lag or anything, it was really fun.

The play maker is kinda exciting because you have that freedom to make formations and design plays. However, if this is how plays are designed by the devs then I can see why o-line blocking logic is so messed up. When you give a blocking assignment to an o-lineman there are basically 4 options, run block, pass block, pull left or right, and screen block. They are all blocking in a general direction, no real specific direction, no lead blocking options, no real blocking assignment after those 4 options. Now when you assign blocking to a WR, for instance, there are MANY more options and I don't know why. You have the option to lead block, far, wide, etc.

Then you get to practice the plays, and on almost any play that I created I can score a TD. Either I'm really good at designing plays or the gameplay is just really easy. When I transfer the plays to the PS3, the plays playout really well. Not quite as well as they do on the PS3 simply because the blocking logic just seems so much worse on the PS3 than on the PSP.

Let me know you're impressions, overall I give it a 9/10 just cause gameplay is very good for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 11:10 PM   #2
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40
Re: Madden 10 PSP Impressions

Have you created defense plays? If so are you able to moved the DL around? How plays can you create? Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »