Home

How messed up is this?

This is a discussion on How messed up is this? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2009, 12:48 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: How messed up is this?

I've seen this "no sack for you!" glitch a lot. Thank god for gamefly is all I have to say.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:33 PM   #50
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by icomb1ne
Personally I am seeing 5 wounded ducks/quick throw for every 1 sack
Yea the wounded duck crap is getting on my nerves. I know where this wounded duck idea came from. The 2k people. I don't hate the 2k people. But the wounded duck motion is getting way to over done in the game. I wheather put up with Rocket catching then put up with the wounded duck motion. The old days of madden been funi s out the door. don't get me wrong. I respect Ian and his crew for the job they have done. But I feel they this year they have catered to much to the 2k people then the usual madden fan. 2k people complain bout madden not having a true pocket are the throwing is not real enough and so on. If you want to see some a good pocket and good blocking go to ncaa football 09. I play that alot. the oline blocking on there is good. I just wish Ian and crew would just back to the old madden format. I just think there is only so far you can go before to much realism in a video game like football is not fun anymore.

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 08-16-2009 at 01:36 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:06 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Yea the wounded duck crap is getting on my nerves. I know where this wounded duck idea came from. The 2k people. I don't hate the 2k people. But the wounded duck motion is getting way to over done in the game. I wheather put up with Rocket catching then put up with the wounded duck motion. The old days of madden been funi s out the door. don't get me wrong. I respect Ian and his crew for the job they have done. But I feel they this year they have catered to much to the 2k people then the usual madden fan. 2k people complain bout madden not having a true pocket are the throwing is not real enough and so on. If you want to see some a good pocket and good blocking go to ncaa football 09. I play that alot. the oline blocking on there is good. I just wish Ian and crew would just back to the old madden format. I just think there is only so far you can go before to much realism in a video game like football is not fun anymore.

LOL

people bitch for years about madden being too aracadey, and now this^

i agree 100% with the op, but this above post shows how the dev team can never win

biggest franchise flaw so far, where late round rookies, rated 80-82 are free agents, and at the top of their position..

possible flaw, transferring the ball gets the computer angle screwed up..

Big thanks to Ian and crew for a truly great football experience
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 03:08 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Reading your posts on here I find you to be completely and utterly amazing...
Old 08-16-2009, 03:11 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
What about the other 5 times you do get a sack.....

For every 1 time that happens, you sack Mcnabb 5 times or something.
Completely wrong.

Its more like for every 5 times that happens, you sack McNabb once.

Unless you dive, which you shouldnt have to...especially in that situation.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:13 PM   #54
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil jon
LOL

people bitch for years about madden being too aracadey, and now this^

i agree 100% with the op, but this above post shows how the dev team can never win
No look QB passes to nobody, simply to avoid taking a sack tha go without being penalized is unrealistic.

How did the "2k" guys get blamed for this?

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 08-16-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:14 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 13

Is anyone else missing the way it used to be?

I mean, it did get old always getting stuck in the sack animation anytime a defender got near you, but at least there wasnt wounded ducks all the freakin time.

If they can find a nice middle ground between the QB getting the ball out, and getting sacked, Ill be happy (this goes for both humans and CPU players).

Do you think something like this can be patched?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 03:23 PM   #56
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Arm is coming forward, so no fumble.
Barely. I know he can probably see the defender out of the corner of his eye, but that's a sack or intentional grounding.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »