Home

Replays and Challenges totally broken

This is a discussion on Replays and Challenges totally broken within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2009, 12:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Angry Replays and Challenges totally broken

I had to turn off replays completely. All i get now is the NFL screen twice and back to the game. I play 6 monute quarters with a friend and the last two games i got 0 replays. I also cannot challenge any plays. Is there a setting i might have turned off? When i try to challenge the option is never available. Both replays and challenges did work when i first got the game. I have the 360 version and it is sad how this could have been missed by beta testing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 12:03 AM   #2

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Replays and Challenges totally broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by razman1
I had to turn off replays completely. All i get now is the NFL screen twice and back to the game. I play 6 monute quarters with a friend and the last two games i got 0 replays. I also cannot challenge any plays. Is there a setting i might have turned off? When i try to challenge the option is never available. Both replays and challenges did work when i first got the game. I have the 360 version and it is sad how this could have been missed by beta testing.
You get the NFL screen twice thing because you are pressing a button right after the play. If you press nothing the moment the play ends, you wont get the double NFL thing. Trust me.

Also, turn your settings to ADVANCED rather than HARDCORE.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:23 AM   #3
Rookie

I play on advanced mode. I will try to make sure i am not hitting any buttons after a play. It should give time for the replay to start and then you hit a button to skip. Any ideas about challenges?
Old 08-16-2009, 12:39 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

Man, my theory is, the fact that EA added a lot of cut scenes, especially after a TD, they broke the TD replay and the "big" play replay. I mean, pick your poison, you either get a full replay of a TD or a cut scene of players celebrating. Typical EA coding = add a feature, break another.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:46 AM   #5
Pro

rynecandy's Arena

OVR: 8

If you are like me, every time you are getting tackled you press X (PS3 version) several times, hoping to get some added yards. The problem with this is that it gives you a small window to stop pressing it or you will miss a replay (no replay in hardcore). As for challenges, if the play can be challenged, it should be available....not sure about that one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 12:47 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 16

They moved CHALLENGE PLAY into the the Coaching Options menu.

Kinda silly - but I guess it makes sense. Took me awhile to find it, too.

Too bad they haven't revamped how Challenges are done yet. I'm no fanboy but I love the system from APF2k8....let me be specific just like a coach.

-SeventhWard
Old 08-16-2009, 12:55 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Speaking of challenges being broken, I just played a game and threw what I thought was a TD to Devin Hester, but he was tackled really close to the end zone. The referees got together and called it no TD and for some reason I just completely forgot I could challenge it. I end up failing to punch it in from the one and settle for a field goal. A few minutes later in my game, a graphic comes up showing Jay Cutler's stats and it said he had 135 passing yards and 1 TD pass, the only problem was, the score was 14-6 and my only points came off of field goals. So i pause the game to look at my stats and when I paused it said the score was 14-12 instead of 14-6 and Cutler was credited with a TD pass and Hester got a TD catch. I guess if the refs make a bad call and you don't challenge it your stats reflect as if you did challenge it
Old 08-16-2009, 01:05 AM   #8
Rookie

Thanks i forgot it was in the coaching options menu.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »