Home

Experimadden: The Flats & CPU Defensive Adjustments [With Pictures]

This is a discussion on Experimadden: The Flats & CPU Defensive Adjustments [With Pictures] within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2009, 07:45 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 13
Re: Experimadden: The Flats & CPU Defensive Adjustments [With Pictures]

excellent thread. i came on here to read about the flats being too easy and i stumbled upon this.

i hope they address this issue soon.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:49 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 6

check out how a game made 5 years ago respond to this same problem or pass in madden 10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr9Hm...e=channel_page

Last edited by leke4bears; 08-16-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:02 PM   #75
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
Dont underestimate the power of a mass return. It seems that up until now consumer based pressure on EA isnt working.

If gamers would commit and follow through on a single date for everybody to return a game to a single franchise, it would really be a last hope.

Trust me if Gamestop gets a crazy amount of returns the same day, and has to stock them, they will put preassure on EA.

If each store has to sit on 20+ used copies of the game, they would have to lower the price or move the copies to another store to balance the stock. Both of those moves would cost Gamestop time and money. In addition to that used copies of M10 would have a hard time selling when the used section is fully stocked.

I hate to say this, but "Fight For Every Yard" seems rather funny now. Again I fail to see how a random player can find in game issues that beta testing should easily find.

You would think that the offensive AI would realize this works and use it every time in CPU vz CPU games. Even if they find it to work just by checking down. Has anybody looked into that?
This sounds like a good idea on paper (or on screen if you will), but there are two issues:

1. This would be a massive undertaking to coordinate. And you have to realize that the amount of people that are complaining about this game on this and other boards is nothing compared to the people that have already bought the game and are saying nothing either because they really like it or they just aren't that interested in hyper-realistic football and thus have no issues with the game. Football sim purists are the minority IMHO.

2. Who are you really hurting by doing this? Not EA. They get paid when the game first sells. Taking it back and trading it back in to Gamestop does nothing to EA's bottom line.

In regards to number 2, I remember back in the day...I'm talking early to mid-nineties..when you could actually take games back to a lot of stores for full store credit if you did so within 10 days simply because you didn't like the game. Obviously as the industry got larger the game companies put more pressure on the retail outlets to abandon this policy and this is unfortunate because in reality there is very little accountability once you purchase a game. The game company gets their money and you as a consumer are screwed if you get something you aren't satisfied with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 08:06 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Well awhile back Ian explained, when the engine talk got pretty hot, that a large contributing factor to Madden's current engine being so "flawed" was because they started anew. Instead of using what they had on PS2/Xbox, they started from scratch. Or I'm not sure if it was from scratch per-se. But basically I guess.
Not gonna buy that, this game has played the same for 5 years or more, the only real gameplay tweeks r amping the D up and down.
He's basically telling you that the 360 just doesn't have the potential, let alone the power of the PS2. Or they are just not that good at this development thing. Are other games having this problem?
I fear that EA never invested in a new game for the new consoles, instead kept polishing the old PS2 game, but along the way you lost the best of the PS2 and added nothing significant, the game, now in it 20th year, and 5th? console generation, is a mess.
The problem here goes way beyond Ian, the soccer boy cant make chicken salad out of chicken sh--t.
The real sin is, that this game is basically done till we see new consoles again in say 2011-12.
Is it asking to much to run least 5 plays without seeing the same animation twice
None of this ranting is based on hate, thats what the "loyalists" have to understand its based on love. It kills me to think what this whole sitution has done to football gaming, Im one of those that thinks that football is one of mans great inventions, that makes virtual football almost sacred.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:17 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyland
Not gonna buy that, this game has played the same for 5 years or more, the only real gameplay tweeks r amping the D up and down.
He's basically telling you that the 360 just doesn't have the potential, let alone the power of the PS2. Or they are just not that good at this development thing. Are other games having this problem?
I fear that EA never invested in a new game for the new consoles, instead kept polishing the old PS2 game, but along the way you lost the best of the PS2 and added nothing significant, the game, now in it 20th year, and 5th? console generation, is a mess.
The problem here goes way beyond Ian, the soccer boy cant make chicken salad out of chicken sh--t.
The real sin is, that this game is basically done till we see new consoles again in say 2011-12.
Is it asking to much to run least 5 plays without seeing the same animation twice
None of this ranting is based on hate, thats what the "loyalists" have to understand its based on love. It kills me to think what this whole sitution has done to football gaming, Im one of those that thinks that football is one of mans great inventions, that makes virtual football almost sacred.
Hmmm..I am pretty sure APF was a port up from the previous gen as is NBA2K and look what they have done with their games in the gameplay department.

The only thing i can think of is year after year of football promises is, they arent good enough to pull of a good game. I know people will argue that til their face turns blue, but the guys in this thread that are mad about whats going on understand what i am talking about.

THis sucks, beucase say your playing a game and your guys are covered and your only option is the flat and just so you can keep it sim and not cheat, have to completely stop doing that play. Its like taking football out of football. How many times do you see QB's throwing to their check downs. ALOT, but they dont always work.

Sad that, you have to take football out of football to play sim.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:19 PM   #78
Pro

OVR: 21

No doubt it would be impossible to coordinate and pull off, but you have to remember Gamespot has to pay cash back on the game. Although its a minuscule amount, they still do.

They would be paying people back for Madden with already a amount of used copies not likely to sell on the shelves.

Trust me, flood one franchise with used copies of a game and they will go to EA and ask why.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:31 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 5

im unhappy as anyone w/ the newest installment of Madden, but please dont get this thread locked by going way off topic.

this is one of the biggest gamekilling bugs in the game and needs to be addressed ASAP, imo
Old 08-16-2009, 08:38 PM   #80
Rookie

KensaiKatai's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino
I think they are pretty close to having a good/great system. If they started over now, then it will just be another 2-3 year mess.

I also agree with this, besides, this thread needs to stay alive.

This game is so close to being great if they fixed a few key issues. Some people ask for the impossible, but many of us are asking for things we've already gotten. i think they've made great strides and i'm highly anticipating what they have to say in regards to the patches and what's expected to be fixed.

My main concerns at the moment are the stats and flats being broken. Simply inexcusable IMHO, though i'm willing to overlook it based on some of the remarkable strides they've made this year and we can't overlook time constraints. There's a strong possibility the patches can fix most of the main things i have a gripe with, personally.

I'm definitely willing to commend them before i ostracize them but help me out guys . Anyways, they definitely deserve the vacation but there's no shame in letting them know obvious problems with the game so it can fixed relatively soon and in a diligent manner.

The more voices on this subject, the better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »