Home

Experimadden: The Flats & CPU Defensive Adjustments [With Pictures]

This is a discussion on Experimadden: The Flats & CPU Defensive Adjustments [With Pictures] within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2009, 02:36 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Experimadden: The Flats & CPU Defensive Adjustments [With Pictures]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
I'm kinda feeling the same way, after all of the hype, this game honestly feels like Madden 09 with Pro-Tak added (again, I know that Ian and his team worked hard, but I just don't see the results). I mean I have a list of things that dissapoint me and I have only had the game for three days.

- A lot of the animations still look weird and play out in the wrong situation.

- DBs are cutting on routes at the EXACT same time as the receivers are (sometimes they even cut before the receivers do).

- Sometimes DBs in perfect position to make plays just stand there and do nothing even when you mash on the swat button. For those that call this a minor annoyance, I will ask: Would it be OK if the same thing happened to your QB when trying to throw the ball? Didn't think so.

- What happened to custom stadium sounds like the Lions siren that plays when they score a touchdown, or the lion roar that happens on first downs? It was in the game last year (and the year before that) if I remember correctly.

- I have had three games now where the first play of the game the CPU RB breaks out of a 4-6 man Pro-Tack "scrum" and runs for a 65+ yard touchdown.

- Receivers have no sense of the sidelines at all.

- Overall lack of precision in the passing game, especially on out routes.

- Wide receivers in the run game (especially on breakaway runs) turn and block the wrong guy, allowing defenders to make plays on you that they shouldn't have been able to.

- Still can't get pressure on the QB, and even if you do get to the QB, the CPU refuses to take sacks and always "magically" finds an open receiver just before getting hit.

- Zone coverage is broken altogether, and safties in zone don't always break their coverage assignment and come to make a tackle when the offense calls a run play.

- As mentioned, passing to the flats is way too easy, as is beating the CPU when they blitz. Almost every time the CPU blitzes there is a man wide open that can gain HUGE amounts of yards if not a touchdown.

- CPU quick snap is still alive and well and is flat out terrible on Field Goal attempts.

- Where is all of this DB and WR jostling that was supposed to be present?

- Adaptive AI either isn't working or is not present at all.

- Lower rated DTs can still come off their blocks too easily and make plays on runs up the middle.

- Toss and sweep plays still get blown up way too much for lost yardage. Ditto for screen plays (there always seems to be a DT that is standing right next to your RB, even if that's the first time you called that play).

- CPU still punts the ball through the end zone instead of trying to pin me deep.

- There needs to be better spacing on run plays up the middle. Way too often my runs play up the middle result in me just spamming the juke stick because there is nothing but a mess of way too many bodies all jammed together and no clear lane to run through.

- WRs on curl plays just stand there frozen solid after running their route, most times even after the play breaks down.

- Tom Hammond.

- Fields don't degrade enough, or at least some (like Heinz Field) should degrade a lot more than others.

I am so damn tired of saying Maybe next year. When will "next year" finally arrive?
I've tried my best to give Madden it's fair shake. I feel duped again. All the flashy graphics in the world won't fix broken football fundamentals. It gets tiresome seeing my FB run out to block... NO ONE! Or when I have a wall of lineman ahead of me in the open field on a screen play and they turn around and block people behind them. Sure, I can break tackles and get the yardage, but that's not how I want to do it. Once again, same ****, different year. I have officially given up hope. I'll continue to play APF2k8 and hope that things change at some point in the future. Not likely though.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:53 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
Not to start a issue here and forgive me if I'm wrong. But didn't NFL 2K have this thing were your VIP was linked to your tendencies in the game?...if you love to throw slants the cPU would adjust to that,or if you played zone a lot on defense it would attack you in the hole of the zones.....I may be wrong, I just remember seeing this thing after you select your teams the coaches would come up and show there tendencies.....
Yes it did. The CPU was supposed to adjust to you, but I cant really say if it did. I will go find out thought.

The VIP also showed all that information to your competitor prior to a online game.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:34 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 5

bump

this shouldnt be off the 1st page until its fixed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 05:04 PM   #52
vs. the World

frankplastictrees's Arena

OVR: 7

It's 100 percent true, it's to the point where I won't let myself throw to the flats unless I have no choice and every other receiver is covered.

It sucked when a guy I was playing online realized that it was open every play, because he called it non stop the whole game.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:16 PM   #53
Pro

parrothead's Arena

OVR: 9

Using the Zoom angle, it's a little harder to see the flats, I find that that makes it a little less tempting.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:03 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 4

Even someone with less than average stick skills (like myself) can exploit the heck out of this versus the CPU. Just tested it myself using the Bills versus the Ravens and went 11 for 11 for 78 yards throwing exclusively to the flat. This MUST be patched immediately.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:25 PM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
Another thing comes to mind with this issues, and that is other issues kick in as well when you throw to the flats.....You throw it to the flat and you manage to break the first tackle, and head up field, the bad angle kicks in for the CPU defenders, this is so glaring and dissapointing when I see the angles these players take. ......

I was just think to myself, "well, this is why I have to have human QB accuracy at least at (20) or below, and WR catch low so every time I do throw it to the flat, its not sure catch or a perfect pass"
The pursuit angles are horrible in this #%$## game!!! and yeah Adaptive AI is pretty much a joke, as this thread demonstrates. It seems that players do not have 360 directional movement and can only go in certain directions. The directional options resemble those found in the Atari 2600. I'm not joking. Why isn't this a problem in PES, APF and other sports games??? Is the Madden code that broken?

I've had it with video football!!! Between 2K not releasing a game for the last two years (I don't care about an NFL license, I just want a game that plays well and that has a franchise mode) and Madden's money plays, I am fed up.

I've said it before on these boards. An NFL license does not matter when there is great product coming out. I'm looking forward to "Arkham Asylum", "Modern War", "Mass Effect 2" and a host of others. They can take their NFL license, "Adaptive AI" and great graphics and, fill in the blank. My time is better spent playing something that is fun rather than finding game-play flaws (and I wasn't looking, It is hard not to notice). How was this missed? Did EA fire everyone in quality control? Is there quality control?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 06:30 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinji
It's 100 percent true, it's to the point where I won't let myself throw to the flats unless I have no choice and every other receiver is covered.

It sucked when a guy I was playing online realized that it was open every play, because he called it non stop the whole game.
It has come to this. People have to police themselves in order to try and have a fun experience. Some fun that is.

I'm angry at myself. I bought the hype. After staying away from Madden '08 and '09 I thought that, given the attitude of the new development team, this would be the year. wrong!!! wrong to the tune of $64.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »