Home

Experimadden: The Flats & CPU Defensive Adjustments [With Pictures]

This is a discussion on Experimadden: The Flats & CPU Defensive Adjustments [With Pictures] within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2009, 06:34 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Experimadden: The Flats & CPU Defensive Adjustments [With Pictures]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
Yeah another huge problem. I have seen defenders have the correct angle and then suddenly runaway from the ball carrier and the defender ends up running parallel with the ball carrier all the way to the end zone.
I saw this as well. My jaw dropped.

The reason why they run parallel is because of the pursuit angle problem. If the defender started to cut over it would be at a poor angle and he would just join the conga line following the receiver to the endzone.

This game is a joke. And the joke is on me.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:41 PM   #58
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
Not to start a issue here and forgive me if I'm wrong. But didn't NFL 2K have this thing were your VIP was linked to your tendencies in the game?...if you love to throw slants the cPU would adjust to that,or if you played zone a lot on defense it would attack you in the hole of the zones.....I may be wrong, I just remember seeing this thing after you select your teams the coaches would come up and show there tendencies.....
Yes. Yes it did. APF2K8 had it as well.

That was 5 years ago. VIP technology was 5 years ago. And yes the system worked. It also was neat because you could download the VIP of online opponents. It was fun to be able to play against a virtual opponent.

NFL2K5 and APF2K8 has their issues (that is why I would love to see new editions) but nothing like this. I thought the days of going up and down the field with one play or one route were over.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:43 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 1

I want to stress once again that I didn't do this to trash EA or Madden - I appreciate that the presesntation has stepped up. I appreciate the game speed changes. I appreciate the effort with Pro-Tak, although the more I play the more I think it's a blemish over a bright spot.

I just want people to realize how big of an issue this is. It needs fixed. I want EA and Tiburon to succeed. I really do. I'm still trying to fix some of the gameplay issues with sliders...if it's even possible.

Keep this discussion healthy and active and maybe they'll take notice. It's easy to replicate. Try it for yourself. People are apparently already figuring out how easy the flats are to work online. It's only going to get worse until EA steps up and fixes the issues at hand.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:46 PM   #60
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænima
Yep, Felix is lights out doing this as well. In general, if you work the underneath passing game to RBs and TEs, you will put up insane numbers. When you combine this with the completely unrealistic car-accident run blocking (I'm sorry, in the NFL running backs don't have to break three tackles to go to the house EVERY TIME - they often go untouched) it's just impossible to enjoy playing this game right now. The pocket for passing is really nice, the animations are more often than not nice, but it's just too easy to exploit the AI.

This game needs a new engine badly, and it also needs genuine adaptive AI. I think it's ridiculous that Ian and company say "This is as much as we can do with this engine" and people just swallow that. If the current game engine is a giant mess of broken code and mediocrity...build a new game engine. Keep the menus the same, keep the controls the same, don't add any new features. Just rebuild the gameplay the RIGHT WAY. I don't care if the menus look identical for the next five years straight. Give me running lanes. Give me an opponent that calls defensive schemes based off what I'm actually doing right in front of them.

This is simply not a good game. The whole essence of real-life football is the chess match. If I go into every-single-game knowing that certain things (The inside running game) will almost never work without trucking half of the defense, and that other things (The flats) will work with absolute regularity...the strategy is gone.

When I did this last night, I turned the ball over on downs once, and that was near the endzone due to two consecutive drops. One single play resulted in 11 touchdown drives out of 12 posessions. 600+ Yards. Perfect QB rating.

The game is broken. The fun of playing a game is completely gone once you realize the only real way that you can lose is if you choose to lose.

Games like MLB: The Show are great because it's completely possible that you'll lose games in which you play very well. Sometimes, you're outplayed. Even when you play well. Madden is nothing like that. If you don't throw pick sixes, and you target the open areas of the field (as any real coordinator would) you win.

You'll win every game. I have absolute confidence now that I could start a franchise with the Detroit Lions, trade all of my draft picks for speed backs with good hands and a QB with short accuracy...and go 16-0 with sim sliders.

I'm tempted to try, if it wasn't for the massive time commitment.
Great post!!! you said everything I wanted to but was to angry to get the words right.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:55 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænima
I want to stress once again that I didn't do this to trash EA or Madden - I appreciate that the presesntation has stepped up. I appreciate the game speed changes. I appreciate the effort with Pro-Tak, although the more I play the more I think it's a blemish over a bright spot.

I just want people to realize how big of an issue this is. It needs fixed. I want EA and Tiburon to succeed. I really do. I'm still trying to fix some of the gameplay issues with sliders...if it's even possible.

Keep this discussion healthy and active and maybe they'll take notice. It's easy to replicate. Try it for yourself. People are apparently already figuring out how easy the flats are to work online. It's only going to get worse until EA steps up and fixes the issues at hand.
I think this discussion is healthy. I identified the flat problem two days ago (check my posts). However I did not investigate it to the same degree. I also think that it is healthy to vent about this game.

As a consumer I have no other choice for video game football other than Madden. Consequently, I must hope and beg that the developers will fix, what we all would agree, are glaring issues with game-play instead of seeing if the other companie's game is any better. I don't like to beg and plead and hope. Thus venting on this board is all I have.

I've been playing these games for a long time (OS member since 2002). Videoo game football over the last 5 years has been very disappointing. The irony is that the technology now exists to make really great sports games. However, instead of technology being the limiting factor, it is the free market or lack thereof
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 07:07 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm just glad to see this thread stay away from EA bashing or anything of that nature, and I want it to stay that way. It's a very real issue that we need to press the development team to fix. If we convince ourselves that house rules are an acceptable solution - even for the time being - we damage the potential of this problem seeing a solution.

I want to see a Madden game that can cleanly beat me, on occasion, via good strategy, good performance, and good fortune. I don't want to play a game where every loss is the result of choosing to impose rules on myself against using sections of the field and/or dependent on me throwing three bonehead interceptions that go back for six.

At the very least, I want a game that I can do this with via heavy slider manipulation. It doesn't have to play perfect out of the box. But when you find defensive weaknesses that guarantee you not only first downs - but blowout wins?

It might as well be a sixty-five dollar coaster. I want to see that remedied.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:19 PM   #63

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

I have realized this as well when I played so I just had to set myself some house rules. Sucks that the flats are money, but I try not to exploit them because I don't want to ruin the experience for me.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:24 PM   #64
Rookie

KensaiKatai's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino
I have realized this as well when I played so I just had to set myself some house rules. Sucks that the flats are money, but I try not to exploit them because I don't want to ruin the experience for me.

completely agree, this really needs to be fixed. i would set house rules but taking away the flats completely seems a bit unfair to say to the least...i agree with the OP though because every/anytime i pass to flats..it just feels a lil bit dirty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »