Home

presentation comparing to 2k5..just presentation..

This is a discussion on presentation comparing to 2k5..just presentation.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2009, 02:44 AM   #9
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: presentation comparing to 2k5..just presentation..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD
LOL! I just vomited all over myself after reading that statement.
lmao i was laughin while typing that because its always next year with EA lol
Old 08-16-2009, 03:03 AM   #10
Rookie

CajunPunk's Arena

OVR: 3

It's leaps and bounds better than previous years, but some of the graphics are a little off. For example, there are a few scenes where they will show the QB on the phone with the coach upstairs, but the whole time his hair (at least if its short) is flickering and blinking on and off. Looks weird.

But other than that stuff, it's pretty good.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:01 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
Its a good start, but far from where it needs to be. The extra points and highlights are nice, but IMO, every last bit of commentating needs to be scrapped, from the in game announcers to Alex Flannigan.

-Fire whoever has done all the audio work the last two years. He/she clearly doesnt know what sounds authentic and realistic.

-Get rid of Tom Hammond completely.

-Have John Madden come in and record new audio for the ask Madden and other parts of the game.

-Get Al Michaels to commentate with Chris Collinsworth.

-LISTEN TO HOW THEY ACTUALLY SOUND IN REAL BROADCAST. THEN, try to replicate that.

-Have them record more audio together and have more banter in the booth. Too many quiet moments in commentating on Madden.

-HAVE THEM SHOW MORE EMOTION! Ive heard them both display emotion in real life when commentating....I want to see it in Madden as well.

-I dont care who you get for The Extra Point, but it shouldnt sound so pieced together. Also, there NEEDS to be commentating DURING the highlights. Not just "Here are your highlights...enjoy" I want to hear 2K5 esque quality commentating in all phases of the game. If a 5 year old game on a weaker system can do it...why cant EA do it with Madden on a much more powerful system? Laziness or lack of desire is all I can think of.
Stated perfectly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 04:15 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyacid
its only they would have took the in game high lights during the halftime/weekly show in franchise, then we would be in business. But yeah the new staff did their thing. Next year is going to be a big year.
Dude, the halftime highlights from 2k5 werent even plays that actually happened in the game. I would constantly see players break 80 yard runs on the highlights. But they would only have 60 yards rushing stats wise in the box score.

Kill 2k5 talk already. The game isnt better than Madden 10, and it wasnt a better overall game than Madden 06. People just continuing to blab the hype about this game all these years has made it sound way better than it actually was.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:56 AM   #13
Rookie

Why not just hire some voice actors to do the commentating on Madden? If that is done, it would allow more time for more natural play by play and analysis. Although, it still shouldn't be unrealistic for EA to get it right with the time they have Cris Collinsworth and Tom Hammond in the game.

Also, if they have the rights to ESPN, use the NFL Primetime music! Or at the least, allow for custom music so we can upload it. :-)

And I think the 2k5 comparisons are desperate at this point. Yeah, there were some nice visuals but like the other poster said, they stretched the imagination on some things.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:59 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 7

Wow, some still get upset when Madden's presentation is compared to NFL 2K5. Truth is truth. Madden's highlight shows are bland in comparison to 2K5. It's robotic and has no emotion. EA still can't get it right and comentary is horrible. If they studied 2K5 and Madden 05, they would understand how presentation should be done and how Franchise/Owner Mode can be fun.

Also, why is there no "umph" in playoff atmosphere and the Super Bowl? There should be talk about the playoff picture in the last few weeks of the season like Steve mentioned in his article. Remember: Everything you see on Sunday, right?
Old 08-16-2009, 10:06 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

The are saving it for the next year, and the next year, and the next year, and the next year, and the next year, ...............
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 10:19 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1eaglesfan
The are saving it for the next year, and the next year, and the next year, and the next year, and the next year, ...............
Exactly. Kind of like the Cubs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »