Home

Interceptions -- Is it just me?

This is a discussion on Interceptions -- Is it just me? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2009, 02:17 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Interceptions -- Is it just me?

I play with the wide camera angle and haven't thrown a bad pick since. I was throwing some balls on the normal camera angle, that I shouldn't have. Wide kills the graphical side of things, but the gameplay side of things improve IMO.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:18 AM   #10
All Star

OVR: 33

I threw 5 in one game with peyton manning and still won the game :P
Old 08-16-2009, 03:48 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 8

Yeah, the pursuit angle thing is maddening. Having thrown so many interceptions, I just keep control of the QB and 90% of the time, I'm the one making the tackle regardless of how far downfield the pass was.

I've gone into practice mode and I rattle off passes no problem, hardly any interceptions. I think part of my problem is the cpu loves to press at the line which means the receivers are still standing on the line of scrimmage as the pocket collapses. Maybe I should just use a less crappy team and see if it makes a difference before I condemn the game. I'll try the wide view too and see if that helps me any. Thanks for the suggestions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 03:59 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

I'm not trying to start a war, I'm just interested in how much these sliders actually change. So if you were to turn down the CPU pass defense would that stop this type of thing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sztGI...e=channel_page
Old 08-16-2009, 04:35 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 9

I haven't seen a problem at all with this (using sliders). I had to change from 25 on the INT slider to 40 though, because I went 3 games without throwing a pick, but in that time had several dropped picks.

With sliders, INTs are a complete non issue. Maybe even without sliders.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:44 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Sufferer
I dropped the int slider to 25 for the cpu. When I was first playing, me and the cpu were getting multiple picks (mostly for 6) every game.

I believe a bigger issue is with the pursuit angles after a pick, the team that got intercepted just runs at the interceptor leading to easy pick 6's.

Example I intercept Brady with Revis on a bomb, the Patriots and Brady were at like their own 30 and I intercepted it deep in my territory, giving everyone an eternity to take away the sideline. Instead they all just ran at the ball carrier with no regard for taking an angle to cut me off, easy 6 points. Happens ALL THE TIME.

Whenever I throw a pick I'm furiously trying to get a guy with speed to take a proper angle, everyone is taking a horrible pursuit angle so it's hard to get someone in time who's fast enough and who's pursuit angle hasn't been ruined by the A.I. sometimes giving the CPU pick 6's that would never happen in real life.
Agreed. On All Madden you have the super human crap. On All Pro is much better, but it seems that too many of the picks are returned for TDs because of the atrocious pursuit angles.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:55 AM   #15
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

Picks haven't been too bad for me. Although I have seen a few times, where my receiver will drop it, but it somehow goes through him and gets picked by the safety behind him. Aside from that, nothing that worries me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 04:57 AM   #16
All Star

OVR: 33

Game 7 of the season 15 tds 21 picks with Manning lol.

I'm bad. Some guys i rack up 55 pass attempst and <10 rushing.

I shud just stick to running it.

Have Asomugha and Bailey on defense and Dockery and Shephard as my nickel and dime.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »