Home

Did it live up to the hype?

This is a discussion on Did it live up to the hype? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2009, 01:45 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Did it live up to the hype?

Live up to the hype? In my opinion, not really. However, if the question was "is this the most fun anyone's having with Madden?" My answer is a resounding YES.

09 put me to sleep two games into a franchise. I had to shorten the game to like 7 min. quarters just so I wouldn't get too bored.

And 08? I won't go there.....

For me personally, I'm finally retiring 2k5. Madden has finally produced a game I look forward to playing every day, much like The Show.

In fact.........*looks at watch*............gotta go! My franchise awaits!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 01:49 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 17

yea it lived up to the hype,it has it's bugs/glithes,but its a great game overall,im looking foward to Madden 11
Old 08-16-2009, 01:50 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

The only people that hate the game are those who like arcade style football. The game plays more realistic than ever. All you guys that used to pick dime defences to stop the run are mad that you can't do that anymore. People who used to pick their linebacker and run from the left side of the field and run across to the other and intercept a pass are mad because you can do that anymore. Super linebackers jumping 10 feet in the air to bat passes no longer exist. Madden 2010 his light years better than that crap thats been out the pass few years. This is coming from a NFL2K football diehard.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:50 PM   #28
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4
So we can all agree that Madden 09 was a huge disappointment. It seems like the Madden staff started almost from scratch when beginning Madden 10. They were sick of hearing that the game wasn't living up to the capabilities of the next gen consoles and about the 2k football series. I anticipated this years game to have a few 'glitches' understanding that there was a very different staff developing the game.

With that said I would like to point out that I have not yet played the game. I ordered half a year of Sports Illustrated and will be receiving Madden 10 as a gift for the subscription order.(I figured they might have the first patch released and maybe a roster by the time I got the game.)

Now here's my question. Did the game live up to the hype? I was more excited for this Madden game than any since Madden came out for the next get consoles and I ditched my PS2. Am I going to be disappointed? Is Madden 10 a step in the right direction or does it seem to still be treading water as in years past? Let me know what you guys think.....I'm so jacked to play this game after watching some pre-season football. Oh by the way I was at the Packer game last night and their best running back hands down was Tyrell Sutton. Too bad he might not make the team.....
No it did not, and like I stated in another post, if EA sold a collectors edition for the 360 and PS3 where you got a copy of Next gen Madden 10 along with Last gen Madden 10 with 720 or 1080p graphics. I'm extremely confident in saying that 98% would be playing last gen Madden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSquad
No. This is what next-gen Madden should have been like 2 years ago. Its finally catching up to the ps2 versions, and thats pathetic.

If you see it on Sunday, its in the game was the motto, but apparently no one at EA watches a 3-4 defense on a regular basis.
He is right, and the thing is Im getting the PS2 version simply because its a better game, and has more of a football feel to it. Madden 10 on the 360 just doesnt have that wow factor to it. It's boring. I know they added presentation and enhanced graphics colored cleats, and all that stuff, but gameplay and player controls are not fun at all. Simply boring.

They should have focused on gameplay animations and A.I, then for Madden 11 give us all the dressing. I just truly feel this program they use for Madden on next gen is Junk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
No, but its better than 09. Pro Tak is over hyped and presentation still needs a ton of work. Game seems not finished IMO.
It definitely feels unfinished in the gameplay and A.I dept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Yes its a step in the right direction and for me its lived up to its hype. As I've stated before, it reminds me an awful lot of the legacy gen games, but has next gen graphics.

If you enjoyed the way the PS2 version played, then I don't think that you'll be disappointed with this years game.
Really countryboy?? I do respect your opinions and thoughts but to say if you enjoy the PS2 version you will enjoy this version sounds off to me.

The reason why I cant enjoy this version is because last gen versions of Madden felt so much better, so I cant see how liking the PS2 version would carry over to this version, but again your entitled to your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4
So now that it seems most of you think its a step in the right direction, what do you see them working on for next years game? I'm not asking for a wishlist or anything here, but what are some things that need work?

Get rid of the engines they are using for next gen Madden. Just go back to last gen Madden and work on another engine for 2 years then bring Madden back on next gen or by then even next next gen. They can also go with Backbreaker's engine Euphoria

From what I have seen and having played one 'play now' game at the store, it seems like offense plays very well but defense could use some work. So my fairly uneducated assumption would be that defense will get a heavy dose of work for next years installment.

Yes the defense will need a ton of work, but it wont happen on this engine. It really looks like to me that the A.I in the game along with the animations cant work well together, so you will see weird animations. They are not on the same page.

Old 08-16-2009, 01:55 PM   #29
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

For me it's definitely lived up to the hype. I didn't even bother getting Madden 09 last year because I tried it and absolutely hated it. But this year, Madden has definitely taken a step in the right direction. I'm eagerly awaiting the first patch to see if maybe it'll improve run blocking a little. At the moment, I'm just tweaking the sliders a little bit to get the running game to be a little better and once I'm done with that, this will be a great game for me.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-16-2009, 01:55 PM   #30
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawRebel
The only people that hate the game are those who like arcade style football. The game plays more realistic than ever. All you guys that used to pick dime defences to stop the run are mad that you can't do that anymore. People who used to pick their linebacker and run from the left side of the field and run across to the other and intercept a pass are mad because you can do that anymore. Super linebackers jumping 10 feet in the air to bat passes no longer exist. Madden 2010 his light years better than that crap thats been out the pass few years. This is coming from a NFL2K football diehard.

Not true at all. I'm very sim and so are most of the others that posted up on here that did not feel that they game lived up to the hype. We simply just do not enjoy the game as much as you do that's all.

I'm glad you are enjoying the game, but don't label members as arcade players because they don't like the game. That is so far from the truth.

Come back here in a month, and be honest on how you feel about the game.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:56 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 8

I think it's a step in the right direction, but fails to live up to the hype for me. I don't like the fact that I can't shade my defensive backs inside or outside. I also would like to have total player control, because it takes to much time to assign your defensive players to their particular assignments and vice versa.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 01:58 PM   #32
Banned

PodSquad's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Not true at all. I'm very sim and so are most of the others that posted up on here that did not feel that they game lived up to the hype. We simply just do not enjoy the game as much as you do that's all.

I'm glad you are enjoying the game, but don't label members as arcade players because they don't like the game. That is so far from the truth.

Come back here in a month, and be honest on how you feel about the game.

Same here. I am having fun with M10 at the moment, but I cant see this holding my interest once I get my hands on NHL and FIFA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »