Home

Just blow this engine up please.

This is a discussion on Just blow this engine up please. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 02:17 PM   #9
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Just blow this engine up please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown1211
This current Madden game engine is not capable of providing a realistic, immersive, true to life representation of NFL football. The lack of control and overal feeling of disconnect from whats happening on the field is still glaring. This has always been my biggest problem with "next gen" Madden. This engine does not serve the true sim player justice at all. And it makes the game VERY boring.

They keep making it "look" better, but the nuts and bolts of NFL football just isnt here and never will be IMO.

The devlepers need to lock themselves in room for a year with NFL 2K5 and Madden from xbox1. And dont come out until Madden 2011destroys these games in every facet of NFL football. If they can't do this then they need to relinquish the liscense and be done with this BS.

You must be my lost long twin brother

I feel you 100% and have stated this over and over on this forum. This Engine is Horrible, and they need to get rid of it.

Just go back to last gen Madden, and find a better engine work on it for a few years, then come back with a Madden that is finally better than last gen.

This engine is just painful.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:17 PM   #10
Banned

PodSquad's Arena

OVR: 8

I think they should ditch the Madden name too. He isnt even in the game any more, its eyeshadow and Collinsworth. Rebrand the franchise like EA did with the brilliant MVP baseball series.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:25 PM   #11
MVP

Tiko7523's Arena

OVR: 14

sadly i agree but it wont happen until the ps4 and the next xbox is out because it would cost too much for ea TO BUILD a new engine on this generation and knowing its not gonna last long.

PSN gamertag Tiko7523
Xbox Live Tag: Tiko7523
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 02:27 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSquad
Wont happen, the ps4 will be out and we will still be playing a souped up ps2 game.
LMAO Truth!!!!
Old 08-16-2009, 02:32 PM   #13
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

This topic is a load of nonsense apart from a couple of posts. 2k's running game was horrible. And even though I agree that Madden's trench play needs serious improvements, I wouldn't want to run the ball 2k style EVER again.

If they can improve the logic of the run game (such as linemen leaving guys to get to the ball carrier/quarterback untouched) then it'll be good enough.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:35 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echopax
I've been saying for awhile now that 2K and EA should get together to make a supreme football game.

Let EA keep the "Madden NFL" title, they own the rights anyway, but 2K has proven that it can simply make a more realistic football engine.

I'm enjoying Madden NFL 10 so far. It's a great game, but it has so many problems that it feels like I'm playing BETA.

2K, while not as flashy, was just solid. Everything that was in the game was finely tuned and polished to perfection.

I just think that EA has too much pride to go down that path, though. But, really. If 2K was making an NFL game this year, how worried do you think EA would be? Pretty damn worried, I'd say.
They won't make a "supreme" footall game not because they are too proud, but because they don't have to. The Madden producers are on their own agenda; market the product, communicate with the consumers often as to show that their main priority is to please them, come up with a catchy slogan, and hype release night like you won't live another day if you don't buy Madden. It's been working pretty well for a long while now and it's not going to stop in the immediate future.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:38 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

So glad I don't agree with this handful of complainers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 02:39 PM   #16
Rookie

I wonder if fixing some of the long standing problems would create problems of their own.

For example, procedual awareness probably wasn't added because it would require a complete rewrite of the pass defense AI. Right now the DBs follow the route perfectly and immediately run toward where the ball is going to land when the ball is thrown. If the DBs are without the information they always had before what do they do, run in circles or stop completely? The AI would have to be rewritten to work properly without complete of the play.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »