Home

CPU Comebacks & Running the ball

This is a discussion on CPU Comebacks & Running the ball within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2009, 02:03 PM   #1
Rookie

loonsluv's Arena

OVR: 1
CPU Comebacks & Running the ball

So I'm playing on Myskill, just trying it out. I get through all 4 pre-season games, and I have to say I enjoyed every game. Play some real close games. Then we get to week 1 regular season. That game was completely horrible. Giants vs Redskins(ME). They get an early lead on me 14-0. Course I manage ot come back and get on top 21-14. On the ensuing kick off I tell my son, "watch they'll run it back here." Sure as sh$$ the kick return is ran back for a touchdown. I again manage to get the lead, and in the 4th Quarter Jacobs becomes unstoppable all of a sudden. Break numerous tackles were as before he was not. So it appears the 4th quarter comeback by the super CPU is still in the game. I hadn't picked this game up in the last 4 years due to several nagging issues, this included.

On the issue of Myskill Portis had ****ty running stats all preseason, and I just couldn't find holes, couldn't break takles no matter what I did, yet the myskill option did not change my running performance. Week 1 at Giants he went 22 carries for 48 yds..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 02:24 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: CPU Comebacks & Running the ball

Something similar to this happened to me in an exhibition game.

I was the Ravens and playing against the Lions (Just to see how the "dominate" defenses work) and was up 10 - 0 in the 4th quarter. I injure Cul Pep and Stafford comes in. with about 5 minutes left he has a nice drive and scores which I can respect. Then they make me go 3 and out with about 3 minutes left. Stafford comes to the field again and completes a 70 yard BS pass to Calvin Johnson. Now they're up 14 - 10. Okay, with a little under 2 left I go on a drive but then get picked around Mid-Field and they run it back.

I lose 21 - 10 by 21 unanswered points by the LIONS in the 4th. I mean, I guess it could happen but that was pretty ridiculous. I couldn't do anything offensively in the 4th. Not even a first down. And a rookie QB comes in and does that to the ravens? No sir.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »