Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 03:40 PM   #17
Rookie

unisol_us's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: EA!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænima
His reply is completely reasonable. I'm okay with people liking the game - it's the best Madden on this gen even with the flaws.

But if you look at Madden 10 and the only flaw you notice/care about is the lack of mouthpieces...I have to assume that you're blind.

If you tell EA this is the perfect game, they have no real incentive to fix what's broken. It is possible to recognize what a game does right AND criticize what it does wrong. That's not being nitpicky or whiny. If I'm spending 65 dollars to buy a game, I have a right to be critical of that product's flaws.

Honestly, this guy sounds like a guy who is basically looking for a pretty game. Hence mentioning mouthpieces and cleats, and thinking the game is great - the visuals are much improved this year. The engine is still a bomb though, at it's core.
Well it seems fine for people to nitpick around here why is it not fine for someone to state how much they really enjoy the game.

For all we know this may be some young dude who is having one of those gaming moments like I did when NHL 92 came out on Sega. Just don't see why we have to get all negative on a PERSON for liking the game is all.

Last edited by unisol_us; 08-16-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:40 PM   #18

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænima
His reply is completely reasonable. I'm okay with people liking the game - it's the best Madden on this gen even with the flaws.

But if you look at Madden 10 and the only flaw you notice/care about is the lack of mouthpieces...I have to assume that you're blind.

If you tell EA this is the perfect game, they have no real incentive to fix what's broken. It is possible to recognize what a game does right AND criticize what it does wrong. That's not being nitpicky or whiny. If I'm spending 65 dollars to buy a game, I have a right to be critical of that product's flaws.

Honestly, this guy sounds like a guy who is basically looking for a pretty game. Hence mentioning mouthpieces and cleats, and thinking the game is great - the visuals are much improved this year. The engine is still a bomb though, at it's core.
Who cares why he enjoys this game?

You are saying he is blind bc he enjoys the game? All hail king Enima.

Geez, I don't care if you don't like the game, criticize it realistically all you want. But don't come in here and make the claim that it is fact that someone can't enjoy this game, and if they do they are blind or only wants a pretty game.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:42 PM   #19
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
I still think this was a joke or heavy sarcasm. Sorry. You have to really suspend belief that the guy ignored a forum full of posts with legit (and proven) game issues, to say its prefect they just need mouthpieces.
So now the OP is living in a fantasy world because he finds "perfection" in a video game in which others have found flaws.

its his opinion...there should be no discussion as to how nor why he arrived at that opinion.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-16-2009, 03:42 PM   #20
MVP

redxiiixi's Arena

OVR: 11

WTF? No mouthpieces!?!
Old 08-16-2009, 03:43 PM   #21
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcern23
Actually its nice to see some praise instead of all the whining that goes on around here. I mean it is a video game and I think its a great one as well!!!
agreed 100%.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 03:44 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by unisol_us
Well it seems fine for people to nitpick around here why is it not fine for someone to state how much they really enjoy the game.

For all we know this may be some young dude who is having one of those gaming moments like I did when NHL 92 came out on Sega. Just don't see why we have to get all negitive on a PERSON for liking the game is all.

Did you read the whole post, or just quick to jump on other people for responses?

The OP clearly says he is 33 years old.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:46 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 1

People , why the bashing I have been playing madden since the men looked like a pile of sh-- on the the field. Now I do not see why it so bad to want mouthpieces in the game.they were in the game once before. I am not one of those guys saying that the game sucks because it does not have mouthpieces. when they were in the the game it added to the realism. In some of the the older versions,like the one with eddie george on the cover. eddie george wore a big white mouthpiece and Ea put it in the game. I am just saying that having mouthpieces add to the REALISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!That is all I am saying , read before you respond. I have have been a madden gamer since the beginning, not since madden 2006!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-16-2009, 03:48 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
So now the OP is living in a fantasy world because he finds "perfection" in a video game in which others have found flaws.
Good lord man, "fantasy world", thats your words not mine. I simply said it was either a joke or sarcasm.

Ill stand by that, for a 33 year old man to come into a forum and disregard almost every other thread to post this. Yea, I think something is up.

I didnt put a personal indictment on the guy, I simply said how I read an interpreted it. You guys are very quick to tell me what you thought I was saying about the guy personally. I just said his post seemed like a joke, or he was being sarcastic.

I find it very ironic the lengths guys go to defend people who say good about the game, but dont defend another people who say negative things about it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »