Home

What would you rate Madden NFL 10 so far?

This is a discussion on What would you rate Madden NFL 10 so far? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What you rate Madden NFL 10 so far out of 10?
9-10 (Great) 108 31.40%
7-8.9 (Good) 181 52.62%
5-6.9 (Mediocre) 47 13.66%
Any rating under 5 (Terrible) 8 2.33%
Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-18-2009, 11:35 PM   #97
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: What would you rate Madden NFL 10 so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
9 out of 10 for me. It is by far the best Madden of current gen consoles and in my opinion surpassed previous editions; including my favorite 05 (Ray Lewis cover). I have not been so immersed and into a football game like this for a long while. Videogame football is back.
My most favorite Madden of all time was also Madden 2005. I still love Madden 2005, but I think it is best to say that Madden NFL 10 is one of the best Maddens of all time. The year 2004 was just very special to me in terms of video game football. It is just great to have a good Madden to play after 5 years and I think that Madden is finally back on track.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:27 PM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 0

It's kind of sickening reading everyone say that "This is the best Madden ever or one of the best Madden's ever."

Um... It damn right should ****ing be.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:34 PM   #99
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Slaton #1 Fan
It's kind of sickening reading everyone say that "This is the best Madden ever or one of the best Madden's ever."

Um... It damn right should ****ing be.
Some things are debatable, but at least it is in that category, which is great.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:01 AM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think it certainly improved over last year and I am still playing it whereas last year I'm not sure I finished a game...

The drawbacks right now for me are:

*The trenches- Not feeling it at all. Doesn't feel real at all and the AI is terrible.
*Online Play- I think it is cheesefest. I played a game where a guy ran the same play and I couldn't stop it even though I was manually trying to do so.
*Replays are terrible- no excuse to cut them off like they are. Hopefully it can be patched.
*Halftime show is terrible. While an improvement over nothing, this is an embarrassment in comparison to 2k5. Sorry, I don't want to hear about excuses. 2k got it right in 1 year, no reason Madden couldn't with better technology.
*Online Franchise- while not that bad and I think it is a good feature overall, the fact that there is no Salary Cap is ridiculous. I don't want to hear about "wait until next year" this is a vital part of Football, how can it not be there? Kinda like how can the trenches not be right? Its football!
*Co-Op- My buddy and I looked forward to being able to 1) play it with an Online franchise 2) be able to play against 2 other people (doesn't seem possible, could be wrong) and 3) not be stuck in the views that we are. Half assed...
*Cut Scenes- while a major improvement, are not as intuitive as the 2k series cut scenes. maybe I'm being unfair, but the chains scenes seem scripted, the refs huddling with every score, Qbs being on phones moments before being on the field, .....bug me.
*Did i mention blocking AI? terrible.
*Pro Tak- Terrible- they should rename it to hug fest 2.0 next year.
*Sideline Recognition- Terrible and no excuse.
*Sideline in General-- Terrible.
*Challenge System- Terrible.

Positives:

*Online Franchise- still a good overall feature that has some very good potential with a salary cap and a little more flexibility. Happy to have it finally.
*Better atmosphere- the presentation doesn't make me fall asleep completely. Much better than last year where I felt I was playing football in a library.
*Signature Qbs- very cool and well done. I like that there is a different feel with different players.
*Fight for Fumble- not bad....not bad at all.
*Sliders that work- not that I have used them yet, but I hear they actually do something.
*Overall gameplay better than last year's certainly.
*Ability and willingness to patch- I am hopefull that some of these issues are addressed!

Well, this is coming from a former Madden disciple who hasn't been at all impressed with madden since about 2004 (i think). It must be a positive that I am at least playing the game still. I hope that some of these issues can be ironed out in patches and I do think they will. I can certainly see this game moving up to an 8 if some of these are fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »