Home

What would you rate Madden NFL 10 so far?

This is a discussion on What would you rate Madden NFL 10 so far? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What you rate Madden NFL 10 so far out of 10?
9-10 (Great) 108 31.40%
7-8.9 (Good) 181 52.62%
5-6.9 (Mediocre) 47 13.66%
Any rating under 5 (Terrible) 8 2.33%
Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-17-2009, 02:51 AM   #65
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: What would you rate Madden NFL 10 so far?

7.5 - GOOD

...well technically, this game is exceedingly average in my opinion, but I'll go ahead and say it's "good" because despite all of its flaws I'm still having a lot of fun with the game (and I've had it for over a week now).

No need for me to rehash all of the games issues, but all of those flaws being discussed everyday are the reasons I consider this game to be "exceedingly average"; well that, and because I feel that this is the game we should have received two or three years ago.

But at the end of the day, all I really need is something that looks like football, a respectable franchise-mode, and lots of sliders/tools to customize the game; Madden'10 gives me all of the above so I am able to make it work for me.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 10:56 PM   #66
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSolutionKMH
what makes madden 10 fun in full details? there are clear, insane amount of issues and most of them are aim toward the gameplay side of it so im curious what make this FUN
Things aren't terrible on the game play side of things in Madden 10. There are a few issues that bother me that I do think will be addressed whenever the patch updates begin, but I honestly don't see this ruining the fun-factor. To be honest though, I don't think you're looking to have fun with the game. You're probably too busy hunting for issues IMO.

Last edited by MattIntellect; 08-17-2009 at 10:58 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:01 PM   #67
Pro

CYST2000's Arena

OVR: 16

If they fix these problems I would say 9.3, but for now 8.3. I really like the game, but some of the games flaws hold it back for me.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:26 PM   #68
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Madden 10 is about an 8.5 - IMO, it's the best Madden ever (current and last gen). After the NCAA Football series introduced dynasty mode, my Madden playing days diminished. Despite the popularity of Madden, I have always enjoyed the NCAA titles better, with NCAA '04-'06 being the golden years for that series.

It's sad that this generation of football titles have been such a real disappointment. I have literally been playing NCAA '06 for the past 4 years. Thankfully, Ian and Co. have made a real effort to change the direction of the Madden series. IMHO, the Dev Team is headed in the right direction, and as long as they continue along the same path, making the game more realistic (and giving the user more options to tweak the game, instead of forcing things down our throats), I will be a happy football gamer.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:37 PM   #69
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

7.5. It's a fun game but the fundmentals of football like blocking and tackling are still way off sometimes. Also man/zone is still too easy to read but at least man works at times now.

Gameplay still doesnt match ps2 madden imo either. Analog running, precision passing, and individual bump/shading are just a few of the things that this game once had that need to return before this franchise can ever be great on current gen.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:12 AM   #70
Banned

OVR: 26

I voted the closes thing that would represent my earlier claim of a C+, so a the 5,6,7 range but more on the 7. Mediocre to Average.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:18 AM   #71
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
7.5. It's a fun game but the fundmentals of football like blocking and tackling are still way off sometimes. Also man/zone is still too easy to read but at least man works at times now.

Gameplay still doesnt match ps2 madden imo either. Analog running, precision passing, and individual bump/shading are just a few of the things that this game once had that need to return before this franchise can ever be great on current gen.
Bingo! I loved having total control over the secondary like Madden 2005 and NFL 2K5 let you. Improve on the stuff you guys touched on in this thread, and add this, and Madden would be back on top. Screw Pro Tak. Give me more control of my players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 12:32 AM   #72
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »