Home

A Need For Better Madden Forums

This is a discussion on A Need For Better Madden Forums within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 07:35 PM   #1
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23
A Need For Better Madden Forums

I just figured out why I get so annoyed by the OS forums every year when Madden comes out.

Typically I don't spend much time in the Madden section until a month or so before the game releases. Then I visit to check out any news, photos or key video to get hyped for the upcoming season. Like clockwork every year, Madden releases and the general forum turns into nothing but complaints. It is so consuming that make anyone wonder why you would want to buy Madden in the first place. It is usually at this point I walk away until next year becase there is no place for constructive strategic discussion.

A place just to talk GAMEPLAY and not complain about it. There is an ONLINE forum and an ONLINE FRANCHISE forum...then there is a SLIDERS forum and a ROSTER forum and even a WISHLIST forum but when it comes to talking STRATEGY (and I mean the constructive kind that has nothing to do with glitches, bugs, AI issues, etc) there is no where to go. All you have is the general cesspool to wade through and any thread that even tries to talk 'stratagy' here is quickly brought down by griefer's complaints about the game.

I petition OS to start a new Madden sub-forum devoted strictly to talking strategy. Talk only of the X's and O's and where any complaining hijack attempts will be met with a warning. I don't think anyone here would argue that the gameplay is perfect but a forum just talking offense and defensive strategies without all the 'ai this" and "EA that" sure would make the Madden forums a more enjoyable place to visit post-release.

Last edited by lnin0; 08-16-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 07:46 PM   #2
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: A Need For Better Madden Forums

I second this...
Old 08-16-2009, 07:47 PM   #3
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

I'll CO-SIGN on this.

I got the game a week b4 it came out this year so I was on here daily since and Ive been on here (Actually)posting this year.So when the game came out on the 14th it was like a different ForumComplaints about blocking and sacks getting pressure on the QB.<- I have had none of those problems by the way.I just adjust the sliders<-simple enuff fix for me.

You have to go to the 4th or 5th page of threads b4 you can find a subject worth talking about that actually means something.

But yeah I'll def CO-Sign this.

Maybe if they made a sub-forum just for complaints to keep all that stuff in one place
Old 08-16-2009, 07:56 PM   #4
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

co-sign. it like being in a room of bitching women. who all hate each other , but smile in each other's face
Old 08-16-2009, 07:57 PM   #5
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

The motion has been seconded and will now move to discussion.

My question to you is what would you like to talk about? I like play calling and scheme. I like the 49ers and like to move my offense though a serise of rushing plays to set up play action to get my TEs Vernon Davis and D. Walker in the game. My trio of Crabtree, Bruce and Morgan have allowed my to throw for over 75% per game. I noramlly like to open a drive off with a simple hand off up the middle but wil on occasion do a pitch. Once I am able to get a first down I prefer ot mix run or pass on first to keep the D guessing. I am also not afraid to call a run on 2ed and long like a lot of people online always are.

Talk like that?
Old 08-16-2009, 07:59 PM   #6
Banned

PodSquad's Arena

OVR: 8

lol at talking x's and o's in madden, a game that doesnt even understand what a pulling guard should do.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:01 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 36

I agree...

We should have a countdown thread, impressions thread, complaint thread, question thread, and a little things thread. Thats it unless there are topics that dont cover those subjects.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:06 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 10

I'd be down for this. I actually think this would be a step in the right direction to take this forum to the next level. There is SO MUCH negativity out there about "little things" that it is overtaking the fun that others are having with the game. I know, I know, some things I think are little are huge to others, but you understand what I am saying...A subforum like this would give us the opportunity to discuss the game in a manner that doesn't envoke an argument every other post.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »