Home

CPU QB will NEVER take a sack!

This is a discussion on CPU QB will NEVER take a sack! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 05:45 AM   #49
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: CPU QB will NEVER take a sack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Seriously guys. Take a look at this. I discovered this myself and it works wonders. Just be careful of roughing the passer penalties. I lost a franchise game against the Jets because of a roughing the passer penalty that put them into FG range to kick the game winner.
I get roughing the passer way too often, so I just stopped diving at the QB. I'll just deal with not having many sacks. Hopefully EA patches it though.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:49 AM   #50
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
I get roughing the passer way too often, so I just stopped diving at the QB. I'll just deal with not having many sacks. Hopefully EA patches it though.
Wow I dive all the time and I've never had a roughing the passer penalty. Playing on default.

Maybe turn down your penalties. Coz diving definitely works.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:34 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 6

Robo QB? Not as bad as it used to be. NCAA 09 had the worst Robo QB i've ever seen in my life. Unplayable for me unless it was against another human.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 06:56 AM   #52
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

Diving certainly helps, I'm playing as the 49ers (not the best pass rushing team in the world if you know what I mean), and could only record one sack in 4 games. And last night playing against the raiders, I used diving and got 3 sacks.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:00 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 9

CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL HOW TO GET SACKS I DO GET REASONABLE AMOUNT OF SACKS, BUT I THINK I CAN GET MORE PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME
Old 08-17-2009, 07:02 AM   #54
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavp3
CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL HOW TO GET SACKS I DO GET REASONABLE AMOUNT OF SACKS, BUT I THINK I CAN GET MORE PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME
dive! lay off the caps lock button man!
Old 08-17-2009, 07:59 AM   #55
D*lph*ns m*k* m* cry

OVR: 13

I can get sacks, there will be some plays that it seems the cpu has all day, but they usually end up throwing an incomplete pass. Sometimes I think my AI controlled players can't get pressure, but then they do. I usually end up getting one sack a game form my AI controlled lineman.

Could it be better?, yes but I don't think it is no where as bad as people are saying. Mix up your play calling. It does help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 08:08 AM   #56
Pro

SolidSnake07's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Why not just turn down the roughing the passer slider instead? Sheit my QB gets knocked on his *** on 90% of my passes and I dont get any roughing calls because he is getting hit as soon as the ball is thrown.

Quote:
wrong. Putting the human pass rush at 100 makes it easier. The overall pass defense number will lower.
Wrong. It makes it harder. Why do you think the rookie difficulty level has all the sliders at 0?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca Brasi
Let me ask you this-if i turn down CPU pass blocking does it make their blocking better or worse? I know this question sounds rediculous but some if this gets confusing lol

Turn the slider to the left to make it easier, to the right makes it harder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyacid
its cool wit me, way below my norm in madden. Ever since ps2 who i use always I had 100 sacks so i think EA is tryin to make it harder for me.
Its always been too easy to get sacks on the PS2 version. The PS3/360 version makes it more realistic. I play with the Falcons so I dont expect to get a bunch of sacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababooey76
Was having the same problem used some custom sliders and recorded 6 sacks with the Bears vs Denver in a preseason game. Going to try a couple more games with the sliders to see how it works. 6 is too many but there has to be a happy medium. If EA does not patch the other problems with the game, it will not matter because I will be taking my game back to Gamestop.

Whats wrong with getting 6 sacks in a game? It happens. Try playing those 2 teams again and see if you get 6 sacks again because you probably wont.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManX1
Seems whenever I come in from the blind side the QB will always take the sack. However, if the QB can see me coming then he will USUALLY try to get if out. I still get some sacks with the QB seeing me coming especially when I dive for the QB instead of trying to wrap up.
Isnt that what QBs are supposed to do? Arent they told by their coaches do not take a sack and lose yards. Now should they be throwing ducks? Of course not so it would make sense if they just threw the ball away instead.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »