Home

Let's Not Give Up on Madden 10 Yet, But....

This is a discussion on Let's Not Give Up on Madden 10 Yet, But.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 08:41 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Let's Not Give Up on Madden 10 Yet, But....

The original poster made some really valid points. Many of the issues with gameplay can be fixed with sliders. I'm speaking solely from a single player perspective. I feel people should always state whether they are playing single player/off-line/on-line, etc. so we can narrow down the issues.

The stats issue does screw up realism in Franchise Mode.

The issue with the flats isn't as much of a problem in single player mode when you up the reaction time of the pass defense. I'm sure it's very easily abused vs human opponents.

I don't know if there'll be a fix this year for pass rushing OLB's in 3-4 defenses. Needs to be re-tooled. Maybe the stats can be fixed but, not the overall play or understanding of the defense.

The pass rush and running game both can be fixed with sliders. Now the blocking logic is screwed up but with proper sliders you can replicate real stats. Being patient and using your blocks and cut back lanes is actually very rewarding. I feel that the game is meant to be played with 60 or so snaps for both teams and people are wanting to see more sacks and are playing too few minutes.

The thing I agree with most with the original poster is that they need guys who know football. Someone is looking at the sack totals of OLB's in the 3-4 and are signing off on it. They must think it's okay. If they do, we need different people. Someone had to look at that stupid over the shoulder catch animation and say "yeah, that's cool!!!!! keep that animation and make it fire as many times as possible!!!!!" It's not cool. It's unrealistic. I remember seeing Donny and Ian on First Take and I thought to myself, "These guys look like they've never played a down of football in their lives."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 08:41 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Isn't this about the time to talk about how good Madden 11 will be?
If your having fun with this game fine. I'm not really that picky, but until the line issues are cleared up this game is unplayable. The OL and DL ratings mean nothing and the blocking sucks. Fix that and I'm all in. Fix the other stuff too, but that's my major concern. The heart of football is the battle in the trenches and this thing isn't even ticking. I hope it's patchable.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:42 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2k9
I love the zoom view! Speak for yourself. It gives me that immersion feeling like I'm really out there.
Do you work for EA. Get a life. It just an opinion. Nobody say they hate the game. If you like that stupid zoom view after every tackle good for you I am not going to knock you for it.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:47 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
The pass rush and running game both can be fixed with sliders. Now the blocking logic is screwed up but with proper sliders you can replicate real stats.
The problem is that a 92 rated Center should outplay a 76 rated Nose Tackle over the long haul and that's not happening. Also the computer AI seems to adapt to that mismatch by leveling the playing field.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:13 PM   #45
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9

This game is just not fun from an online perspective, at least not on the regular ranked games (I've thought about doing the elite thing, but refuse out of principle). The main issue is the pass defense. Pass rush and underneath coverage are both horrible. Basically the game ends up coming down to who can catch the other guy offguard with a nano or two and get a clutch stop or INT.

But the run blocking is also horrible. If it weren't for RBs breaking some ridiculous tackles (my favorite are the tackles where you have 3+ defenders hanging on a guy, stopping his momentum completely, and then he miraculously comes out and races to the endzone), the run game would suck.

Overall, the game just isn't fun to play online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 09:16 PM   #46
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababooey76

Something to look at in the future....a different way to kick the ball. I would like to go to a cross bar style meter that one meter controls distance and the other controls accuracy.
NO
Old 08-18-2009, 02:14 PM   #47
Pro Sports Handicapper

bababooey76's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
NO
LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »